Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
How is that even possible? Surely the 4th official would stop this from happening?
After already making five substitutions during the match, manager Paulo Fonseca brought on defender Ibanez for former Chelsea forward Pedro.

Roma seemingly thought they could make an extra change in extra time but, while this rule is common in cup competitions, it is not the case in the Coppa Italia.

I'm laughing at all these bandwagon jumping cunts who'd never heard of this guy before yesterday....but now know that he's shite and will never do it here...

There was someone laughing at the fact that "wait and see" is leading the poll....Wait and see is the response when someone sensible see's a manager he's never fucking heard off and would like to wait and see, as it were, how the cunt is going to turn out...

The evidence is there for all to see on the Pochettino thread...
I understand you, but...

If they appointed me, would you wait & see?

I can't understand those people saying give this manager a chance, in no other industry would a so called "large company" consider hiring somebody for the top job with fuck all on their CV. No big company would take a gamble like that, so why are we?

If for arguments sake Woolwich went in for this guy the same people saying "give him a chance" would be rolling on the floor laughing at them and their lack of ambition.

It's not Fonseca's fault, of course he wants the job, probably feels like he's won the lottery. Don't know the geezer and got nothing against him so I won't be ripping into him when this all goes to shit, I'll be directing my ire where it belongs.

Surely it must be crystal clear to everyone now why this club has won absolutely nothing of note in the tenure of ENIC.

They've proven time and time again that they aren't interested in winning trophies, they just want to turn a profit. I honestly believe that Levy is more concerned about getting the NFL games back on and the stadium full for that than he is about Spurs being successful on the pitch.

Fine, if we are going to be run that way then stop charging the fans the same money to go and watch that ambitious clubs like Chelsea charge. If your going to produce a mid table product then charge mid table prices, stop harping on about the never-ending "project" or the "ten year plan" or whatever the fuck it was when this mob took over. And just tell the fans the truth.

But of course they won't do that, they expect you all to mug up to the club shop and gourmet burger bar and keep selling you bullshit hope.
get what youre saying but other that conte what manager would please the fans? seems to be a shortage of established quality managers. some of these new guys have to make the breakthrough.

lets be honest our main problem has been the squad and now levy has got an actual DOF in to deal with it we should see a positive change.

If we see some rapid clear out of at least two desperately stale first teamers ( Sissoko, Sanchez, Dier, Winks ) and total abandonment of Mourinho's counter-attack low block shit, I will start feeling more confident.

Until then it's just blind hope.

Fonseca proposes an offensive game but with balance.

Fonseca asks his team to go up the field with short passes, putting many men behind the opposing pressure lines in the most central corridors, for example by letting the two wings enter the field, which initially act as de facto midfielder. The Portuguese coach's goal is to narrow the playing field to bring his men closer and make it easier to play at speed, as well as to free up space for the full-backs, who almost always remain very wide and tall. Without the ball, on the other hand, Fonseca opts for a very tight 4-4-2 both vertically and horizontally, and with a very high center of gravity, even in situations of positional defense. The high pressing is triggered only when certain triggers light up (for example the passage of the central towards the full-back), while for the rest of the time the team tries to remain compact and high on the field in order to push the opponent to throw directly long. towards the strikers, put offside by the defense, or to go to the outside, where the recovery of the ball is naturally facilitated by the side foul line. In short, Fonseca's is, as he himself repeated, a very courageous game that requires the team to have mental intensity before very high physical intensity for it to work. In Serie A, he suffered a lot of tactics in some cases. I think he can do better in the Premier League.

Well the ‘high physical intensity’ is bound to go down well most of our unfit team!
Imagine N’Dombelly having to press
lol 😆

Back
Top Bottom