Paulo Fonseca (Poll Added)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How do you feel about this appointment

• Like it.

Votes: 22 5.4%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 90 22.1%
  • Wait and see.

Votes: 217 53.2%
  • I quit.

Votes: 79 19.4%

• Total voters
The sacrificial lamb to overtake the gutting of the squad, let him have a year and then fuck him off. Not here for the long-term. What's the point.

WTF? Who ?
Levy is a cunt. Another cheapo move. I,m now convinced talks with Conte and Poch were smokescreens to get season tickets renewed.
What happens when this move fails is Levy gonna fire himself...ffs

Agree that we were never getting Conte but in no way is boring Benitez a good appointment. If we were in a relegation scrap then maybe but hopefully we have slightly loftier ambitions than that.
How is Fonseca a loftier ambition as opposed to Benitez? Benitez has a CL win on his CV and has managed some of the biggest clubs in World football.

I've looked at Fonseca's CV, he has managed 10 clubs and I don't even know 6 of them, and I used to play a lot of FIFA back in the day.

The highlight of his CV was winning the Ukrainian league with Shaktar Donesk and even that was 2 years ago.

The guy is an absolute punt, no clue why he is in the frame for such a big job, its utterly baffling.

People were desperate for possession-based attacking football and creaming over Potter who finished a lofty 16th with Brighton.

Had never heard of this guy before yesterday but is he any worse than what we've been linked with (other than Conte or Poch who we were never seriously going to give 200m for the rebuild)?

Given that we will not be splashing the cash we need someone who can get us playing an attractive brand of football and work within a tight budget.

Tight doesn't mean we can't sign good players as we've seen with these Thuram rumours. I expect plenty more targets to emerge from nowhere now that Patricini is getting to work.

Our issue in recent years has not been the manager, it's been squad turnover and big money signings that haven't worked out.

If Patricini can improve us on that front then we will improve regardless of the manager.
Our issue last season had a lot to do with the manager. The squad as well, but the manager did a woeful job. Agree with everything else you've said.

WTF? Who ?
Levy is a cunt. Another cheapo move. I,m now convinced talks with Conte and Poch were smokescreens to get season tickets renewed.
What happens when this move fails is Levy gonna fire himself...ffs
They may have had talks but we all know where levy fucks things up

Something really needs to be done about ENIC & I think hitting them in the pocket is the only way

iU6RDau.jpg

#2...
eADcluQ.jpg
Is that the same woman in both pictures ? On a train and bored. It makes me ask potentially cancelling questions.

Like it was obvious Mourinho wouldn't last 2 years i'd say Fonseca gone within 12 months and i wouldn't be blaming him.
Yup, it appears , from hearing from other managers , false promises are made . The manager gets disillusioned, that effects the squad & the manager goes.
There’s a constant here & it’s not managers

Back
Top Bottom