A dose of reality

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let’s just say for argument sake money is tight and has been for a while. Why then do we not follow the model of clubs like Dortmund.

- get a DoF like Rangnick who works with young players
- develop youth and buy youth
- get a manager who complements Rangnick
- sell players for good money to allow space for new young players to come through

This is the cheapest obtainable method of success. Why then did Levy when given the choice of Jose and Nagelsmann after Poch got sacked go for Jose, a past it manager who needs a giant cheque book rather than a manager who is proven to work with young players.

You can argue that we have limited funds but if that is the case that immediately makes Levy’s job untenable as he followed a model that requires a large cheque book making him basically an idiot, at least in terms of understanding how football (not football finances) work. His cry of poverty and his strategy don’t match at least from a logic point of view.

Levy’s current strategy is to go into Harrods with an Aldi budget and hope to charm the cashier into accepting a 10th of the price.
☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

With all due respect, Audere, we all know it's you. You know all about being a nasty cunt on a football forum so wind your hypocritical neck in, or I will find a way of winding it for you.

Now jog on.

You need to grow up.

I don't know what's lacking in your life that's making you behave in this way. But it's not good.

Reflect on yourself.

People that disagree with you and people that agree with you invect with the same poison. You wouldn't behave in this way in a pub face to face

Its sad if I'm honest.

I bet you're an alright guy in real life. But you are consumed with hate online. It's not healthy mentally.

You need to grow up.

I don't know what's lacking in your life that's making you behave in this way. But it's not good.

Reflect on yourself.

People that disagree with you and people that agree with you invect with the same poison. You wouldn't behave in this way in a pub face to face

Its sad if I'm honest.

I bet you're an alright guy in real life. But you are consumed with hate online. It's not healthy mentally.

Yeah, fuck off Audere.

Or I'll post all the nasty PM's you sent me. Yes, I still have them.

Remember when you told me to kill myself? Do yourself a favour and get lost

Everyone here who knows you, knows you're an utter waste

Final warning. You're NOT an alright guy in real life, you're a waster. When are you going to realise that nobody wants your idiotic ass here.

Last edited:
Yeah, fuck off Audere.

Or I'll post all the nasty PM's you sent me. Yes, I still have them.

Remember when you told me to kill myself? Do yourself a favour and fuck off,

Everyone here who knows you, knows you're an utter waste of life

Final warning. You're NOT an alright guy in real life, you're a waster. When are you going to realise that nobody wants your idiotic ass here.

You come across as a fantasist.

You don't get to give 'final warnings'.

It seems your life is here. 'Flame warring' fellow Spurs fans.

I find your behaviour unacceptable. I have witnessed you accusing fellow member of molesting their children for no other reason than they disagreed with your view point.
I do judge your online persona and I find you severely lacking as a human being.

I will be putting you on ignore.

Life is too short to spend time reading your bile.

You come across as a fantasist.

You don't get to give 'final warnings'.

It seems your life is here. 'Flame warring' fellow Spurs fans.

I find your behaviour unacceptable. I have witnessed you accusing fellow member of molesting their children for no other reason than they disagreed with your view point.
I do judge your online persona and I find you severely lacking as a human being.

I will be putting you on ignore.

Life is too short to spend time reading your bile.

Go away Audere. You're boring, and we all know it's you. And I 'get' to give what I fucking want, you waste of life.

Shush. Please put me on ignore, I'll be devastated.

I'll reciprocate with your blocking - much easier for both of us. I will ensure you are driven from this forum again though, don't worry about that.

Last edited:
lol at the 4 different edits you have made in the above post.

U Mad Reaction GIF

One more for posterity?

Levy’s current strategy is to go into Harrods with an Aldi budget and hope to charm the cashier into accepting a 10th of the price.
OK, a "blatant" post but you can go into Harrods and haggle the price. So many posters have no idea about negotiating.

OK, a "blatant" post but you can go into Harrods and haggle the price. So many posters have no idea about negotiating.

Getting Jose or Conte and not having a big budget in this league is stupid, no two ways about it, they want elite players. Nagelsmann and Ten Hag fit the profile of the type of managers who can potentially working within our restrictions and no you can’t haggle the likes of a RB like Hakimi valued at £60m plus down to £20m.

I am not moaning at our budget I am moaning at our strategy. You can haggle a bit down, maybe shave 10-20% off, you ain’t shaving 60-70% off lots of players because that is what we would need to do to buy elite with how much we spend.

If you don't ask you don't get. You can always go up but you can never come down.
I offered 50% and got 33% off.
Read what Tomo said before you get all smug about being such a hotshot negotiation. If you offered Harrods 10 percent they would not dignify your offer with a counter.
So now you are going in at 50 percent on something they actually want to sell , it is their business. They sell everything in their store . Levy offers derisory numbers frequently for players clubs neither wish or need to sell , think you are the one who needs a lesson in negotiating

Read what Tomo said before you get all smug about being such a hotshot negotiation. If you offered Harrods 10 percent they would not dignify your offer with a counter.
So now you are going in at 50 percent on something they actually want to sell , it is their business. They sell everything in their store . Levy offers derisory numbers frequently for players clubs neither wish or need to sell , think you are the one who needs a lesson in negotiating
I am not claiming to be a hotshot negotiator but I am a negotiator.
Most people either don't understand, are frightened by or sometimes plain insulted by negotiation.
How do you know whether or not anyone will accept 10% unless you ask?
It's the reason why WeBuyAnyCar makes fortunes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom