Christian Eriksen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that is it for his career...

Thank you, Christian Eriksen!

TELEMMGLPICT000195009181_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqwD2sfO9joeQ6RY-qlTATNB2cSHopZMn-aCc647VHTAY.jpeg
Christian-Eriksen.jpg

0_GettyImages-1167319001.jpg

GettyImages-673498210.jpg

Christian-Eriksen-Tottenham-F365.jpg

1144649987.jpg.0.jpg

4842.jpg

Christian-Eriksen-Football365.jpg
Tongue Goat GIF

Was it really a cardiac arrest?

Amazing that could happen to a player who has been so fit and healthy. Fingers crossed he could play on.
Whilst sat there helpless watching Muamba collapse at White Hart Lane it dawned on me I knew fuck all about heart attacks and cardiac arrests, in fact, I didn't even know they were two different things!!

I now carry something like this in my wallet on a card (just google it and there are loads you can download) every day just in case if ever I was confronted with that situation I want to be able to do something other than standing and watch in panic.

heart_attack_versus_cardiac_arrest_difference_between_infographic.ashx

I had everyone, including myself at my company go on a course about CPR. I've absolutely no idea if all this would make the difference, I hope that I'll never get to try it out but I feel a tiny bit more confident that at the very least I might.

E3tFBXqWUAQ67i-

Graphic from thread. I didn't even know there was a difference
hahaha, whilst you posted this I've just posted my story following Muamba's collapse, at that time neither did I!!! Witnessing Muamba's collapse that night had a profound effect on me, genuinely affected my mood, he was based at the London Chest Hospital which was just around the corner from me and I found myself walking past it every day with all the press gathered outside.

I will never forget that night, really emotional and ultimately for someone that looks for control in most aspects made me feeling shit. Wasn't until I did the training that I started to feel myself again.

But tonight, it all came back, maybe more so because it was Eriksen and/or because it was on TV and that feeling of helplessness came flooding over me. Horrific.

hahaha, whilst you posted this I've just posted my story following Muamba's collapse, at that time neither did I!!! Witnessing Muamba's collapse that night had a profound effect on me, genuinely affected my mood, he was based at the London Chest Hospital which was just around the corner from me and I found myself walking past it every day with all the press gathered outside.

I will never forget that night, really emotional and ultimately for someone that looks for control in most aspects made me feeling shit. Wasn't until I did the training that I started to feel myself again.

But tonight, it all came back, maybe more so because it was Eriksen and/or because it was on TV and that feeling of helplessness came flooding over me. Horrific.
I had a similar experience today when told at cricket. Weird.

Helpless is the perfect way of putting it.

honestly, the last couple years he played for us, i noticed that eriksen did suddenly lose a bit of physicality/endurance etc.

maybe this explains it

praying for a full recovery soon
What, that he would suffer sudden cardiac arrest on the pitch in 2021, just 'cos some of his performances tailed off a bit in his last few years for us...

Don't think it quite works like that mate!

Bit if YOU spotted it so early Dr, then maybe you should've said something to the authorities earlier, to prevent what happened tonight!
Maybe with your insight, tonight could've been avoided?!!!

Thanks for the professional insight.

Brilliant post. Thank you.
Not a problem.

It's part of my job to raise awareness for those who do not know about is kind of stuff.

As everyone saw its a harrowing experience, the medics are trained to try not to think about it but they are human also so they will know that the pressure is on to save that person's life. Often you just kick into gear and go into a zone where you just follow your training.

Sudden cardiac episodes like I said are impossible to predict. It's so important to get screened. These professional athletes are screened all the time, but the average person who plays amateur sport and isn't as fit is at greater risk so it's even more important to get screened.

In particular children 12-21 years, those of you with kids that play sport should look into getting them screened. It's normally just a questionnaire and an ECG test. It's non invasive and doesn't take long but it's something I promote to everyone. Young adults up to about 35 years should also get screened.

So if I can get anyone reading this to get screened or even their family members then I will be pleased.

You can check out Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) here in the UK. Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY)

Last edited:
The cameramen were likely as shocked as anyone, and may not have thought about anything else other than paying attention to what’s happening with Ericksen.

Any blame lies with the editor/producers who are working on behalf of UEFA....

I've done live camera-work in the past. That would have been a horrific scenario to have been part of.

Yeah it's part of the reason they moved it to the winter.

It poses too many health risks to have it in the summer.

The Tokyo Olympics is going to be tough going for the athletes too.

I agree on the Qatar part.. but Japan is actually a sligjtly cooler climate than the UK. But I guess considering athletes prep work has beena affected, it's still more concerning than normal.

Just caught up on the rest of the thread.

I'm so glad that it's turned into an educational experience.

Gives me faith that professionals like myself are supported by non-professionals who are just wanting to help.

My faith in humanity has been restored a little today because of this thread.

Good job TFC! 💪

Back
Top Bottom