Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Seems quite shit early doors but even if he fails I'm going to blame Levy. Levy is the one running the club and deserves 100% blame for his awful decision making and lack of vision.

Does this guy know anything outside Italy?

Why the fuck won’t he go for Ten Hag, why the fuck does it have to be an Italian manager?

Ten Hag has a contract with Ajax. Conte, Fonseca, Gattuso, are all free agents. The first priority is that the next manager is cheap.

We are offering Gattuso a salary that is 6 times smaller than Mourinho. Levy is just cutting costs. We are in a tinpot European competition and have no money. He wants a manager to match our circumstances.

Ten Hag has a contract with Ajax. Conte, Fonseca, Gattuso, are all free agents. The first priority is that the next manager is cheap.
Well we can always buy out Ten Hag’s contract than hiring shit like Fonseca and Gatusso.

I am convinced that we are getting a shit stopgap manager so that we could bring back Poch next summer.

Otherwise Gatusso and Fonseca would never be considered.

He's going to get sacked rapidly, he doesn't seem to understand what's required to manage a PL club if Gattuso is his first choice.

Don't think he should be picking the manager. His own position isn't even secure.
Well, yes & no.

The word from Levy, with his NFL obsession, is that Paratici is General Manager (or strong DoF in European terms).

In such a structure, the GM / DoF absolutely should be hiring the head coach, and the head coach reports to the GM / DoF.

But firstly, given decades long experience with the management consultant scumbags of McKinsey & Arthur Anderson (or whatever idiotic brand name they now have), I consider an obsession with management structure to be one of the biggest & most corrupt wankfests of C21st Capitalism. So I couldn't care less how the management is structured as long we have the most talented possible people in charge of coaching, scouting ,recruiting. (NB this obviously excludes Levy from any involvement.)

Secondly, I've already muttered some concerns about Paratici's history here on TFC, and I absolutely do not want our DoF to be overly close to the parasite super agents like Mendes & Raiola.

The biggest single thing that stands out in Paratici's CV is that he can do business with Raiola. Levy may regard that as a plus. I regard it as a huge red flag.

I do not want the club I've supported all my life being run by agents.

Last edited:
Well we can always buy out Ten Hag’s contract than hiring shit like Fonseca and Gatusso.

I am convinced that we are getting a shit stopgap manager so that we could bring back Poch next summer.

I think if we wanted Ten Hag we would get him, but it seems there is something odd about him. Nobody else is looking at him either.

If Poch succeeds this upcoming season with PSG, even if he decides to leave them, he has better suitor as he by then has proven himself. It also would require his new club to buy out his PSG contract. Nobody really wants to mess with PSG though after PSG Barcelona Verratti Neymar saga.

Only way Poch getting back here next season is him getting his butt handed to him. I am not sure that is any good for him and for us.

I dunno what's worse; the prospect that Levy won't relinquish control to a DOH or that this latest sting in the take is in fact Fab's own mess.

That said if it turns out as suggested that Fonz wanted a month off, the guy's a joke and good riddance.

Thank fuck for the Euros distraction is all I can say......

I think if we wanted Ten Hag we would get him, but it seems there is something odd about him. Nobody else is looking at him either.

He's signed a new deal with Ajax in April stating how happy he was.... Probably a huuuuge buyout clause keeping him locked in.

If Poch succeeds this upcoming season with PSG, even if he decides to leave them, he has better suitor as he by then has proven himself. It also would require his new club to buy out his PSG contract. Nobody really wants to mess with PSG though after PSG Barcelona Verratti Neymar saga.

Only way Poch getting back here next season is him getting his butt handed to him. I am not sure that is any good for him and for us.

What's the story there?

What's the story there?
Barcelona tried to sign Verratti, which angered PSG. PSG went backdoor with Neymar and triggered his release clause.

Normally, buying club would enquire about a transfer with the other club. Without any inquiries, triggering the release clause is seen as highly offensive move diplomatically. This is the reason, not only Barcelona, but also Real Madrid and other elite clubs saw PSG as a big threat, hence they don't invite PSG for the ESL project (yet).

I hope this guy knows that there is a Word external to Italy. Is he aware Tottenham is in London, U.K. and not outside of Milan and you can get players and managers outside of Italy.

Let's be clear, the two biggest signings Paratici was involved in during his time at Juve were:

Matthjis de Ligt. Agent: Mino Raiola

Cristiano Ronaldo. Agent: Jorge Mendes

Those are financially insane deals with the "super agents" who move their clients from club to club in search of ever more filthy lucre.

They are not deals which enable continuity, stability, player development.

Why Levy thinks such a track record qualifies Paratici to be the Director of Football (or GM or whatever the fuck he wants to call it) of the famous Spurs is utterly beyond me.

We are offering Gattuso a salary that is 6 times smaller than Mourinho. Levy is just cutting costs. We are in a tinpot European competition and have no money. He wants a manager to match our circumstances.
I don't think Howe would ask for more than 3 mill a season to manage Spurs. Easiest option

Back
Top Bottom