Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
Right, but I'm not citing random journalists, only ones which have a good track record.

Also please don't tell me about studying at school while using the wrong 'there'.
'There are at least 9 other that know fuck all', not 'their are at least...'
Great mathematicians do not need to be able to spell. Didn't you know that ? :)

Ali Gold is correct that we were on track to appoint certain managers in the opinion of Ali Gold.

He's Hercules with a paycheck and a blue check mark.
What? So you think he made up that we were in talks with Conte and Fonseca? That's very far fetched.

It's literally nothing like Hercules. He makes up loads of links that have no basis.
It's obvious that the issue in these cases were Spurs negotiating with people, but then talks breaking down. You can't blame journalists for reporting that.

At this stage I don't know what to do other than to sit back and enjoy this shit show....and hope it's all over by Christmas....although the first International break is probably a better bet...

What's your view on Paratici mate?

Not great.
He was very good at Juve under the direction of Marotta. Then, Marotta left Juve in 2018 because he opposed the CR7 operation. Paratici was promoted to replace him and his transfer sessions were all but unforgettable. He doesn't look too good as the main man in the office - which I don't know if he will be in London?

I bet you still believe in Father Christmas.
That'll be a 'no, I can't prove it' then. Is there any possibility of you either sticking to the subject of the thread, or not posting? You're spoiling the discussion with your tangential insults.

Fairly speaking, i don't know much about Gattuso managerial career, only that a mediocre Milan sacked him.
But considering his stature, CV, and his reputation, Kane now got my full blessings to go.

That'll be a 'no, I can't prove it' then. Is there any possibility of you either sticking to the subject of the thread, or not posting? You're spoiling the discussion with your tangential insults.
This is a subject with no truth at the moment we have no manager yet.
People are moaning about a manager that is not even employed by Spurs at the moment

Romano & DiMarzio are not journalists. I note Romano's name is on the Grauniad piece but he is almost certainly recycling the manipulations of Jorge Mendes.

I note Romano asserted via twatter:
Paulo Fonseca to Tottenham is 100% OFF. Deal collapsed because of taxes issues despite contract already completed and set to be signed - Fonseca had tax advantages from an Italian law which is not applicable in the UK

But Mendes, through GestiFute, is the agent of both Fonseca & Gattuso (& Mourinho). And Gattuso is apparently willing to accept an even lower salary from Spurs than the one Fonseca has allegedly turned down.

So Romano would have us believe that one Mendes client (Fonseca) does not understand the difference between UK & Italian tax regulations, but another Mendes client (Gattuso) does understand and doesn't give a flying fuck?

Or so loves the famous Spurs after headbutting Joe Jordan that he'll work for a salary that Fonseca turned down?

IT'S ALL FUCKING THEATRE WRITTEN BY A MEDIOCRE AND CORRUPT PUPPET MASTER

Spurs open talks with Gennaro Gattuso after Paulo Fonseca move breaks down
I agree 100% the noise coming out is Mendes. I say this because all you have to do is look at all previous deals, on the whole very, very little press talk, some deals coming almost out of the blue. This is how we used to do things and always schtum in the press, never commenting of speculation.

With regards to the tax issues claimed, my understanding (very limited) is that it would only affect Fonseca and not Gatusso because Fonseca is Portuguese (not Italian), something to do with him working for a period of less than 'x' months.

(and yes I'm aware UK Jorno's are saying it's nothing to do with Money etc. Which I assume is us feeding them with counter info. Which should be setting off all manner of alarm bells, but has been a constant theme in this charade)

One important point about Gattuso's rather shitty comments that is worth considering is that all three that have been dug up are from over a decade ago. And people actually can change as they age and grow as people.

My own dad is a perfect example of this.

This is a subject with no truth at the moment we have no manager yet.
People are moaning about a manager that is not even employed by Spurs at the moment
Absolutely, but it's good for the fanbase to discuss potential new managers, as and when they are suggested, however tenuous the suggestion may be. It educates, informs and entertains. I've learned a lot about Gattuso this evening, so don't knock it.

Ali Gold is correct that we were on track to appoint certain managers in the opinion of Ali Gold.

He's Hercules with a paycheck and a blue check mark.

If we're looking at Gold as being an true ITK, like he is putting out insider and secret information through contacts deep within the club, he's a failure.

If we look at Gold as a reporter with some ties to the club that puts out information that can generally be reliable, then I think he does a fairly good job. He doesn't throw out ridiculous rumors at the first sight of them, and any information from him carries a lot more weight than any of the other supposed ITK's.

Given this particular manager search is so dysfunctional, the only good to come out of it is that it has pretty much destroyed any of the ITK's.

Back
Top Bottom