England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yay...... That seems like it would result in another borefest.....

I literally fell asleep in the second half of the Czech Republic game.
But we won...

I hear what you're saying and it's the old Jose story coming out again isn't it: footballs shite but if we win something and get a trophy, no one cares. Trouble comes when you stop winning...as Jose found out.

But we won...

I hear what you're saying and it's the old Jose story coming out again isn't it: footballs shite but if we win something and get a trophy, no one cares. Trouble comes when you stop winning...as Jose found out.
If he wins he's right and there can be no complaints.

Just as long as he also takes full responsibility if we lose then that's fine.

Winning ugly is still winning.

I don't know why some people are so mortified that we've only scored two so far. They prefer to concentrate on that other than us not actually conceding a goal yet, despite a supposed poor defense. We also haven't played any of the worst sides in the competition. Croatia and the Czech Republic are both good, solid teams. Scotland played well in their cup final. Had we been winning by one goal against the likes of North Macedonia, Finland or Turkey I'd be much more concerned.

Yeah, it would be great to see us score a few more and for our attacking players to really shine. But as long as you're winning games and doing enough, since when has that not been the most important part in football? We have no right to be beating sides like Croatia and the Czech's by 3 or 4 goals.

I don't know why some people are so mortified that we've only scored two so far. They prefer to concentrate on that other than us not actually conceding a goal yet, despite a supposed poor defense. We also haven't played any of the worst sides in the competition. Croatia and the Czech Republic are both good, solid teams. Scotland played well in their cup final. Had we been winning by one goal against the likes of North Macedonia, Finland or Turkey I'd be much more concerned.

Yeah, it would be great to see us score a few more and for our attacking players to really shine. But as long as you're winning games and doing enough, since when has that not been the most important part in football? We have no right to be beating sides like Croatia and the Czech's by 3 or 4 goals.
We haven't played a top team yet and shown nothing to suggest we have an attack to be feared so the understandable worry and unknown is how do we react against decent opposition? We will find out tonight.

We haven't played a top team yet and shown nothing to suggest we have an attack to be feared so the understandable worry and unknown is how do we react against decent opposition? We will find out tonight.

Pretty sure our attack will be just fine. The better the opposition the more space there will be. Simple as that.

I obviously made the post with tongue firmly in cheek. Proper sense of humour failure.

Yes I made a facetious joke yesterday which was triggering to the morality police on here. The joke clearly being about those virtual signalling, but surprise surprise it was misunderstood and completely outrageous to the actual target of the joke obviously.

Yes I made a facetious joke yesterday which was triggering to the morality police on here. The joke clearly being about those virtual signalling, but surprise surprise it was misunderstood and completely outrageous to the actual target of the joke obviously.

I sometimes catch the trailers for the trendy 'comedies' on DAVE. Truly awful.

Back
Top Bottom