England vs. Germany June 29th 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's why you shouldn't play a dependent striker then. How are folks missing this 2+2?

You could put any striker in there and it doesn't matter.

And Kane is far from a dependant striker.

Put your dreamboat Benzema in there and England are even more toothless because he doesn't get the tap ins he needs and offers nothing in terms of passing. At least Kane set up Phillips with a chance because of his ability to drop back and make a pass that none of the other England players on the pitch can make.

Are both our Dms on Yellows?

That needs addressing..... We can't go down to 10 and I'm sure that's been mentioned in the Germany dressing room.

Anti football you mean.
International football sucks. It's either scrappy and goalless or sloppy and full of goals. So you either try to strangle the life out of the match and get a goal somehow or just go crazy and hope you score more than the other team.

England still haven't conceded so until they do I don't think much will change.

You've seen it loads of times he's made the impossible possible with a toe poke or a slide.

The entire punditry team are saying he should have hit it first time so I guess they're wrong as well.
Yeah, I disagreed with all of them for the reason I gave, he was on full stretch to get to the ball, I simply don't see how you turn that into a shot, impossible even.

Yeah, but we are tallking about the providers. If Kane took up space away from the 2 CBs that he is giving an easy day then there would be more opportunity to get him the ball. It's been the same complaint all Euros...even with those other players on the field.
He’s being marked by two when he gets anywhere near the box . That’s why we need a playmaker to find the ball . You know he has good aware of his position

The better the players the worst the manager. It seems the norm on national teams
Feel like it is FAs being conservative and wanting to get the best chance with their talent rather than having a coherent vision. It's like calling Mourinho pragmatic when he's actually negative.

That said, you train with the squad for about 5 -6 weeks a year so it's hard to really do much in that time.

Feel like it is FAs being conservative and wanting to get the best chance with their talent rather than having a coherent vision. It's like calling Mourinho pragmatic when he's actually negative.

That said, you train with the squad for about 5 -6 weeks a year so it's hard to really do much in that time.
True but you see per instance Italy and Spain and you see a clear identity and ideas of how to play football. Even tho they work few weeks with the players. That’s why I really like luis Enrique.

Back
Top Bottom