England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

England team for tonight apparently -

Pickford

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Saka
Sterling
Kane

Would have loved to see Foden start myself, even in place of Mount. Walker is lucky to keep his place too after a dodgy performance against Ukraine. But with his sheer pace you can understand why Southgate doesn't want to drop him, although Reece James is far from slow himself.
Walker is definitely a worry and I would start James but Gary will stick with him

Really should have taken today off.. Not getting much done at all! can't focus! Head says that on paper we have totally got this.. but just so used to disappointment with England and Spurs.

Bag.. o... nerves

Pickford

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Saka
Sterling
Kane

Would have loved to see Foden start myself, even in place of Mount. Walker is lucky to keep his place too after a dodgy performance against Ukraine. But with his sheer pace you can understand why Southgate doesn't want to drop him, although Reece James is far from slow himself.
Sancho for Saka would be my pick.

“bUt THe oRiGiNaL mEaNiNg oF ThE sONg iSn’T aBOuT wiNniNg”

1p9wjx.jpg

slightly nervous about the game tonight, we saw against Scotland with a well drilled defence that breaking them down is hard for our style of play. It was quite slow and laboured in the build-up which is a massive contributing factor.

I didn't see the whole Ukraine game but extended highlights, their defending for the goals was terrible, is this because they were behind or because Shevchenko can't drill a defence?

Some of my mates were saying how amazing we were but i'm a little sceptical having not really played a team of note, or on form yet. Germany was a good test but they aren't the team of previous years.

I feel tonight could be quite frustrating at times or based on the Ukraine game have we turned a corner?

Denmark will cough up chances; of that much i am confident..... It will definitely be a different game to the Scotland one.

Pickford

Walker
Maguire
Stones
Shaw

Rice
Phillips
Mount

Saka
Sterling
Kane

Would have preferred grealish to mount (ooh er Mrs.) and in 4231.

Don’t change the system . I know in reality we have no effect on the result but if you change it & we lose it will be solely your fault which may lead to being deported from these fair shores

Yeah. You're right. The wife is a bit annoyed. But it's not about her.

I'm doing this for England.

Not really. Schmeichel clearly has the wrong impression of what "It's coming home" actually means, so ultimately he's talking bollocks. It has nothing to do with the World Cup or what England have won or haven't won like other parts of the song.
By that logic so is the clueless journo so serves him right

Yeah. You're right. The wife is a bit annoyed. But it's not about her.

I'm doing this for England.

doin' it for ENGLAND .. IN-GER- LAND ... .

We're playing for England (In-ger-land)

We're playing the song

We're singing for England (In-ger-land)

Arrivederci its one on one

Yeh made me sing it in my head!

I think we are gonna be steady, composed and control itm won't be a classic but we will get the job done thanks to Kane and an unlikely scorer....maybe Phillips or rice who you don't usually associate with goals.

Back
Top Bottom