Pre-Season 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming no transfers in or out this is the squad that Nuno Espirito Santos will probably start pre-season with on Monday.

Given that a number of first team players are or have been involved in Euros or Copa America and are entitled to 3 weeks holidays after the end of those comprtitions and will arrive back at Spurs at varying dates from 3rd week of July onwards, I have included in blue the Spurs u23's likely to make up the pre-season squad - Skipp of course is injured :

GK : Hart, Whiteman, Kurlowicz
CB's : Dier, Tanganga (may be injured), Eyoma (RB/CB), Okedina, (Omole Lyons-Foster, or Paskotsi)
FB's : Aurier, Doherty, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Cirkin, Lavinier (RB/LB)
CM's : Ndombele, Winks, White, Bowden, Devine, John
AM's : Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela, Dele, Clarke, Thorpe, (Markanday and/or Bennett)
Striker : Son, (2 from Parrett, Etete, Scarlett)

Plenty of players for Nuno to evaluate, and maybe 3 or 4 decisions to make on some of the first teamers staying, as well as whether some of u23's should stay as part of the first team this season, whilst the majority of those u23's in blue are likely to go on a loan to aid their development.

Main players missing are Son (holidays ? ) and Aurier. Tanganga probably injured still as is Skipp

A number of youngsters included, at full back 3 out of 4 first team are present so no room for Cirkin or Lavinier.

Otherwise its a pretty predictable 20 man squad, biggest surprise possibly that CCV is included.

Maybe a few other youngsters to join later in week ?

Pre-season friendlies​

We are delighted to announce that we shall be live streaming our first three Men’s pre-season friendlies on Spurs TV for free. Further details on how to stream the matches will follow.

This is the perfect chance for our fans to see how the team is shaping up in the first games of Nuno Espirito Santo’s reign.

Our first three pre-season matches have now been confirmed as follows:
• Leyton Orient (a), Saturday 17 July, KO 15:00
• Colchester United (a), Wednesday 21 July, KO 19:45
• MK Dons (a), Wednesday 28 July, KO 19:45

We shall also be taking on Chelsea away (Wednesday 4 August) and Woolwich at home (Sunday 8 August) as part of The Mind Series - raising vital funds and awareness for the UK’s leading mental health charity, as well as our own Foundation. Broadcast and ticketing details on both of these matches will follow.

GettyImages-1327464266.jpg

Anyone know who is that in between Lamela and Lucas?

Nile John i think, but I could be wrong.

Yep you are right, just checked him on Google

Tanguy looks knackered as always.......also the same silly hat :tanguythumb:

Nuno deep in thought as he walks off the training pitch thinking " I don't think I can get a tune out of these fuckers, I should have taken the Palace job"

Winksy trying hard to impress the new boss

Looks like Sess has had some work done to his ears

Main players missing are Son (holidays ? ) and Aurier. Tanganga probably injured still as is Skipp

A number of youngsters included, at full back 3 out of 4 first team are present so no room for Cirkin or Lavinier.

Otherwise its a pretty predictable 20 man squad, biggest surprise possibly that CCV is included.

Maybe a few other youngsters to join later in week ?

No idea in terms of Aurier, could possible be related to looking at other clubs.. so maybe transfer business?

In terms of Son, I know South Korea played 3 World Cup 2022 qualifying matches (think Son played in 2) from the start and until the middle of June. So I suppose his holiday time off would have started later than the rest of the players who didn't get called up for internationals.. so I would imagine he would join them in the next couple of weeks.

No idea in terms of Aurier, could possible be related to looking at other clubs.. so maybe transfer business?

In terms of Son, I know South Korea played 3 World Cup 2022 qualifying matches (think Son played in 2) from the start and until the middle of June. So I suppose his holiday time off would have started later than the rest of the players who didn't get called up for internationals.. so I would imagine he would join them in the next couple of weeks.

On Son, agreed plus it was also his birthday a couple of days ago, so might have allowed him a day or two extra off if necessary so he could be with his family in Korea.

Son seems to be naturally fit so if he comes back to start pre-season next week I wouldn't worry about it

Tanganga back early is very welcome, plus Jamie Bowden (CM/DM) whose beeen involved in last 2 preseasons without playing that much, also training with first team.

Skipp was also starting to train - looked like outside gym work to me, but nonetheless welcome to see him start to train with the other players, and hopefully getting even more involved next week

25 man squad in pre-season without the players who went to Euros or Copa America or Son !

2 x GK, 2 x RB, 5 x CB, 2 x LB, 7 x CM, 5 x AM and 2 x Strikers

Tanganga back early is very welcome, plus Jamie Bowden (CM/DM) whose beeen involved in last 2 preseasons without playing that much, also training with first team.

Skipp was also starting to train - looked like outside gym work to me, but nonetheless welcome to see him start to train with the other players, and hopefully getting even more involved next week

Just like 3 new signings.:levywhoa:

Back
Top Bottom