Pre-Season 2021

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Players aren’t machines, they are human people, a manager saying “good morning” and generally speaking developing a personal understanding with the players is really important!

Plus there’s film study and the like.

Any claim that the players returning for duty without a manager is anything other than criminal negligence is hardly even worth responding to.

Not having a manager on 5 July cannot be allowed to happen.

Spot on.

We have a team full of lazy fuckers and entrenched cliques. Them rocking up for pre season knowing they don't have to impress anyone will just set us up for failure.

At this point any manager will do. For such a "shrewd negotiator" Levy sure is bottling getting somebody signed.

Crawley is doable.

Last time I saw a Spurs XI play there in a pre-season friendly we lost 6-1.
Think I went to that. I’ve certainly seen us lose heavily there in a PSF. I do go to Crawley occasionally as it’s half way between where I am now and my parents. The bar at the ground (if open!) is decent. Hastings is a good non league ground too from what I’ve read. Just a bit too far for me.

Think I went to that. I’ve certainly seen us lose heavily there in a PSF. I do go to Crawley occasionally as it’s half way between where I am now and my parents. The bar at the ground (if open!) is decent. Hastings is a good non league ground too from what I’ve read. Just a bit too far for me.

Crawley is a bit closer for me but Hastings is only around an hour drive compared to a 2.5 hour trip to WHL.

This could be massive for Spurs with Son building up nicely for start of main season after almost 2 months rest after end of season. Kane will get 3 weeks after Euros's so wil only arrive back at Spurs a couple of eeeks before season starts, with less than half the time for a proper preseason.

Assuming no transfers in or out this is the squad that Nuno Espirito Santos will probably start pre-season with on Monday.

Given that a number of first team players are or have been involved in Euros or Copa America and are entitled to 3 weeks holidays after the end of those comprtitions and will arrive back at Spurs at varying dates from 3rd week of July onwards, I have included in blue the Spurs u23's likely to make up the pre-season squad - Skipp of course is injured :

GK : Hart, Whiteman, Kurlowicz
CB's : Dier, Tanganga (may be injured), Eyoma (RB/CB), Okedina, (Omole Lyons-Foster, or Paskotsi)
FB's : Aurier, Doherty, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Cirkin, Lavinier (RB/LB)
CM's : Ndombele, Winks, White, Bowden, Devine, John
AM's : Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela, Dele, Clarke, Thorpe, (Markanday and/or Bennett)
Striker : Son, (2 from Parrett, Etete, Scarlett)

Plenty of players for Nuno to evaluate, and maybe 3 or 4 decisions to make on some of the first teamers staying, as well as whether some of u23's should stay as part of the first team this season, whilst the majority of those u23's in blue are likely to go on a loan to aid their development.

Assuming no transfers in or out this is the squad that Nuno Espirito Santos will probably start pre-season with on Monday.

Given that a number of first team players are or have been involved in Euros or Copa America and are entitled to 3 weeks holidays after the end of those comprtitions and will arrive back at Spurs at varying dates from 3rd week of July onwards, I have included in blue the Spurs u23's likely to make up the pre-season squad - Skipp of course is injured :

GK : Hart, Whiteman, Kurlowicz
CB's : Dier, Tanganga (may be injured), Eyoma (RB/CB), Okedina, (Omole Lyons-Foster, or Paskotsi)
FB's : Aurier, Doherty, Reguilon, Sessegnon, Cirkin, Lavinier (RB/LB)
CM's : Ndombele, Winks, White, Bowden, Devine, John
AM's : Bergwijn, Moura, Lamela, Dele, Clarke, Thorpe, (Markanday and/or Bennett)
Striker : Son, (2 from Parrett, Etete, Scarlett)

Plenty of players for Nuno to evaluate, and maybe 3 or 4 decisions to make on some of the first teamers staying, as well as whether some of u23's should stay as part of the first team this season, whilst the majority of those u23's in blue are likely to go on a loan to aid their development.
Great post.
Despite all the ignorant abuse he gets here (similar to what Trippier got) Dier is an excellent player and was 1st choice for England last WC.
WC next year and I reckon we will see a return to form for Eric.

Back
Top Bottom