****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

LET'S TAKE THE WAR TO THEM

ltCWs1v.jpeg

FIFA game played
Italy did start well but we held them off & got a break goal , by the 60 mins mark they were knackered

pick of the bunch was Mounts 2nd , 20 yard right in the top left bins

I started watching England games in Euro 96 (pretty much when I started watching football) and I always felt a connection to the national team till about 2006 when they bottled ANOTHER penalty shootout and the squad was filled with awful boring or downright vile cunts but these lads have got me believing once again and it's not just because they've gone further than any other team since 66 it's the fact there's such good chemistry between them. I remember reading something from that jelly lipped eel Rio Ferdinand on how the players from different teams wouldn't sit together back in his day due to club rivalries and it just feels like we've got rid of all those self-important twats and everyone is playing for the same team.

I know there is a chance that we won’t win and I’m ok with that, but please let’s not
Concede a penalty in the first couple of minutes! :avbshock:

Fuck sake, I'm not even English but I still want England to win even though I know the press will be relentless for weeks/years afterwards, however was there really a reason for me to send this via WhatsApp to my wife and half Italian kids?

But I want to say one thing.
Last night I didn't see the game because I was traveling for work and there was no line (galleries). I don't want to disrespect anyone but I have never seen a penalty awarded with two balls on the pitch. In such a situation the game has always and I always say stopped. From amateur football to Champions League matches.
This is all loaded in favour of England. Their corruption is well known from politics, to business, to sport. They played all but one game at home and have had sympathetic referees. If they could do it without corruption, they would have by now, but they can't. As such, your nation may well suffer unfair harm this evening. Forza Italia. Forza calcio

This is all loaded in favour of England. Their corruption is well known from politics, to business, to sport. They played all but one game at home and have had sympathetic referees. If they could do it without corruption, they would have by now, but they can't. As such, your nation may well suffer unfair harm this evening. Forza Italia. Forza calcio
Words penned by an expert on failure.

Now that I know your posts are a wind up..... They're actually quite funny.

:sonpoint:

Last edited:
I started watching England games in Euro 96 (pretty much when I started watching football) and I always felt a connection to the national team till about 2006 when they bottled ANOTHER penalty shootout and the squad was filled with awful boring or downright vile cunts but these lads have got me believing once again and it's not just because they've gone further than any other team since 66 it's the fact there's such good chemistry between them. I remember reading something from that jelly lipped eel Rio Ferdinand on how the players from different teams wouldn't sit together back in his day due to club rivalries and it just feels like we've got rid of all those self-important twats and everyone is playing for the same team.

And that’s the difference mate. This squad 100% has a Euro 96 Terry Venables sort of feel to it don’t it ? Euro 96 was also my tournament and one I remember fondly as a youngster. That and World Cup 98 were when I was at my most passionate for England. Now, I feel I got my mojo back with the National team. When it comes to the premier league, understandably we all go back the tribal route and hate each other, but major tournaments the country is together. This wasn’t apparent in that golden boy era with Rio etc. It was all a bunch of individuals that couldn’t careless. Now is completely different. It’s coming home!!!!

Back
Top Bottom