****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A 19 year old, with 8 internationals taking the 5th penalty in a Euro final, and a 21 years old who played just a few minutes take the 4th penalty.... Neither are penalty takers at their club.
Southgate himself missed a penalty so he should know better than any other person what kind of pressure is involved.
Where were Shaw, Grealish, Sterling?

Last edited:
Fucking gutted with that.

Don't agree with making subs to take penalties, I think it adds too much pressure to the individual player. Easy to say in hindsight.

I thought Saka was very nervous when he came on in normal time, he couldn't pass or control the ball well because he was shitting himself. He had the bollocks to take a penalty attempt.

Why didn't Grealish step forward? Everyone's fucking hero in the stands but he didn't fancy it over Saka?

Henderson must be really bad at penalties in training, I can't believe he wouldn't be a better choice than a nervous kid to take one.

Argh. We made the final at least, but I honestly don't think we will have a better chance, home advantage, really good draw we had through the tournament.

Overall, got to say Italy were probably the best team at the tournament though.

Such a wasted opportunity, I really cannot believe how pitiful we were after scoring so early. Lost for words at how we played and Gary's tactics

Rashford, Sancho and Saka do not deserve the abuse that they are going to get from the reprobates. I hope the rest of the team have their backs.

Only person that deserves it tonight is Southgate. Got almost everything wrong after such a good start. Still, we're a good side that will get better and if we go one step further in the coming years we'll win something. Be hard to have a better chance than tonight though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom