****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet Kane, after Schmeichel saved his "clever" penalty, spent all week after training smashing it low and hard, bottom left hand corner where a tall keeper is least likely to get it.

Slabhead also had a plan, to smash it high, which is riskier than Kane's technique, but at least it's decisive.

But the others, for all the talk of practice, seemed to make it up as they went along.

Henderson is a wanker, but an experienced club captain wanker. And for me, you want a player with that kind of experience taking pens, not teenagers who - esp in poor Saka's case - looked nervous and overwhelmed by the magnitude of it all.

Harry Maguire, destroyer of cameras...take a bow for showing how to absolutely fucking leather a penalty in a shootout.

Bang.
Even if he misses i've got more respect for him rather than doing this fancy run-up bullshit. That's just trying to look cool. It's posing for the sake of it.

Just fucking head down and bury it. If you miss or the keeper makes a save then that's the way it goes but at least you didn't fuck about trying to be a fancy-dan.

Hopefully the last England match that Southgate is in charge of.

He is in over his head and was carried by a very talented group of players.

BTEC Mourinho.
We haven't played well in this tournament. We have been solid that's all. Gary has got away with criticism because we got the results despite the performances

They deserved to win it but we had such a good opportunity. Southgate waited a bit too long for the subs.
I knew Rashford was going to miss it with his silly run up. Just run up and smash it in the net.
I shouldn't be digging out the players but Saka was appalling, one of the worst performances by any player. He should have been subbed at extra time. I can't believe he was let anywhere near penalties. He was in way over his head.

Back
Top Bottom