****England v Italy Euros FINAL 11/07/21 8pm*****

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Penalties for the 2 youngsters over the likes of Grealish and Sterling is a piss take.

I do think that Italian team was very beatable. Mason Mount was a waste of space most of that.

Ah well.

It hurts, but future is yours. Southgate lost this game.

I hope Southgate’s poor decisions don’t ruin their confidence and careers. What he did was utterly irresponsible not only from a footballing perspective but from a human development perspective. This is the sort of thing that can ruin careers before they start.

I bet Kane, after Schmeichel saved his "clever" penalty, spent all week after training smashing it low and hard, bottom left hand corner where a tall keeper is least likely to get it.

Slabhead also had a plan, to smash it high, which is riskier than Kane's technique, but at least it's decisive.

But the others, for all the talk of practice, seemed to make it up as they went along.

Henderson is a wanker, but an experienced club captain wanker. And for me, you want a player with that kind of experience taking pens, not teenagers who - esp in poor Saka's case - looked nervous and overwhelmed by the magnitude of it all.
But doesn't Henderson miss a lot of pens? I agree though, he should be taking it if he is such a leader.

I agree, the nerves clearly got to him in normal time, how the fuck someone didn't step up in front of him to take it. I have more issues with people like Grealish who didn't fancy it, and let some kid go and take on instead. Surely Henderson should have stayed on to take one, he is one of the most experienced players and a leader in the group.
The coach usually picks the players.

Southgate and the lads did us proud but when we look back at this we need to ask these questions

Why didn't the subs come earlier

Why hold subs for pens

Why was we playing for pens

And why wasn't DCL who takes pens for Everton the one being held

And why was a 19 year old lad being allowed to take that pen

Fucking sickening

Not with Waistcoat in charge
Agree 100%

If any other of the major football nations had flopped a final so spectacularly, especially in their own back yard, the media and the public would baying for blood and heads would roll.

They haven't done their country proud. They failed.

And so long as we keep this soppy, sentimental attitude one of the biggest football nations on earth will fail to bring home the bacon.

Poor Harry , he's never going to win a trophy is he , genuinely gutted for him when a wankstain like Vardy has won trophies and Harry has nothing to show.

Back
Top Bottom