Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to find out what was written on the mural. All I have ascertained so far was 'swear words'.

Somebody will have to let me know what the racist bit was. Cheers.

Marcus Rashford mural defaced after missed Euro final penalty

"The word “F***” was scrawled over the huge artwork of the England footballer, painted on the side of a cafe in Copson Street in Withington, south Manchester.

The words “shit” and “bastard” were also graffitied beside the word “Saka”, the 19-year-old player whose final penalty miss gave Italy victory."

So much emotional hijacking going on in this country, its getting unreal.

Stuff also gets mixed together without any good reason.

"after criticism of the England team taking the knee, defender Tyrone Mings said: "It's never been about supporting Black Lives Matter as an organisation. That was a cheap argument that people threw at the movement".

And they openly endorse that they are right?

You're just being disenguous or willfully ignorant, because it suits YOUR narrative. But i'm in an echochamber? Sure hahaha
Is your argument the media is woke because we can't endorse nazism? There are loads of right wing voices out there to counter the woke and most are somewhere in the middle (as are most of the public) hardly woke dominates everything.

Marcus Rashford mural defaced after missed Euro final penalty

"The word “F***” was scrawled over the huge artwork of the England footballer, painted on the side of a cafe in Copson Street in Withington, south Manchester.

The words “shit” and “bastard” were also graffitied beside the word “Saka”, the 19-year-old player whose final penalty miss gave Italy victory."

So much emotional hijacking going on in this country, its getting unreal.

Is that it?

Wow.

Is your argument the media is woke because we can't endorse nazism? There are loads of right wing voices out there to counter the woke and most are somewhere in the middle (as are most of the public) hardly woke dominates everything.
No. But there's that black and white outlook again. My argument is why aren't the far left under any scrutiny and if anything, becoming more accepted?

Yes, I get that too.

But back to racism, seeing as it the topic. For a division to exist there has to be two opposing sides, those that support something, those that oppose, correct?

What side of this divide is the England football team on? What side of the divide are those booing them on?
I really only replied to this thread about the botnets and their influence. However I think the team are on the side of racial unity, and those booing are either are genuine racists or don't like the political connection.

And no one even knows the ethnicity of the vandalists.

Wake up people.
Like at the US uni campus years back when a swastika was painted on a wall made from human shit bit was infact by a black girl who supported BLM matter and was stirring up racial hatred. I remember discussing this years ago but was told by the left "oh that's miles away what does it matter?"

Suddenly it completely matters. Funny that.

Patiently waiting for the name-calling to start.

Excited Here We Go GIF by Indiana Pacers

It's a sad state of affairs when a thread about racism descends into discussion about left/right wing politics.

Surely everyone from all sides of the political spectrum should be against racism?

Racism shouldn't be a political battleground, it's about calling out racism and trying to change the world and make it a more comfortable place for everyone to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom