Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly. All of the back and forth between all sides, using increasingly long words and obscure political references in order to 'win points'.

Racism in all of its forms is abhorrent and should never be accepted. End of.

The sad thing is that someone's gonna reply and try to convince me that some racism is acceptable or even necessary in the world...
It won't work. Racism is bad and I will always report it or call it out when I see it.

This shouldn't even be about sides, it should be about calling out racism and people who embolden racists.

I'm sorry Karl, but if players come out and say they are taking the knee as an anti-racist gesture, and a politician comes out and calls it gesture politics, there's only one correct side IMO.
You're only saying this because you agree with the message.

What if they were just supporting Bolsonaro for the good of the country? Oh yeah, no one had sympathy with Moura, Neymar et al because you guys hate the guy's political views.

If you want to talk about hypocrisy, this shit is it. You can't demand everyone just accept and agree your political messaging. It's not 'hypocritical' to disagree with it.

I appreciate that, I don't want to get on a soapbox here, just really frustrates me when people are so wrapped up in political partisan issues that they simply seem to forget the different between right and wrong.
I'm the one who does tihs? lmao. You don't think you are a bit lacking in self awareness, considering i'm alone against a pretty vast partisan side on this. but nah, must be additional proof you're right since the partisan side happens to be yours this time.... logic.

Racism is wrong, it's vile and anybody participating and engaging in campaigns against anti-racism messages are part of the problem.

I don't care what group taking the knee is tied to, the message behind it is one of positive change, one that is clearly needed considering YET AGAIN we are having to talk about fucking racism directed at black people.

Black lives matter as a group seems pretty controversial to some people because it makes them uncomfortable to confront a harsh reality.

For me it's easy to see why groups like BLM need to exist when the overwhelming majority of footballers being racially abused are BLACK, the fact that some people can't understand that is just upsetting to me.

You just don't get it. Not supporting BLM isn't engaging in a campaign against anti racism LMFAO. What an amazingly dishonest line of argument.

In my heart I wish he would actually read the content of what I am saying instead of making assumptions about the reason I am saying these things.

But I have a feeling that isn't going to happen.
So condescending. I really need a bunch of middle age white guys with no education telling me about the real world because you guys repeat twitter talking points lol

I rarely, if ever, talk about politics on here, I have made maybe 5 posts on politics since I joined the forum and I don't talk about politics outside of the forum in general, so your suggestion that I am "circle jerking" is just further evidence to me that your assumptions are based on your political bias and not on evidence or reality.

I am calling out what I see as hypocritical behaviour from people in a position of power that has emboldened racists to behave the way they are behaving, like I said, it starts from the top.

I may know nothing about you, you're right about that, I don't think your a bad person either, I just think your views on this are being affected by your bias and your lack of comfort with change possibly?

This has nothing to do with projection, I am perfectly comfortable with having difficult discussions with others on these topics and I am open and honest about my views on a number of subjects, I also don't claim to be right either but I can tell you this, they ARE my OWN opinion, rightly or wrongly and are politically neutral, even if you don't wish to believe that, my opinions are based on what I believe is fair and right.

How can I say I condemn people being sexist and racist towards Patel and think it's disgusting whilst also calling her a hypocrite who I believe has emboldened racists with her ignorance and possible own racism?

Well it's easy, I know the two things have absolutely no correlation to one another, you can condemn one and still look at evidence to come to a conclusion about the other, what you're doing is suggesting that because of the vile abuse she has faced that her actions must be unquestioned and free from criticism?

I have never said "orange man bad" in my life, that kind of childish political discourse is pathetic. All I said was, Boris Johnson is the British Donald Trump and, imo, he is and I have outlined the reasons I believe so in detail and yes, someone who makes racist remarks and then condemns racism kind of falls under the category of being a hypocrite don't you think?
You're just a basic man dude. Your opinions are basic. Lazy. Unintelligent. Uninformed.

You're appealing to the lowest common denominator. You're parrotting shit to fit into a group. You have not presented a single unique or critical thought in your diatribe. It's pathetic. You're missing the point. You've not thought or analysed anything, you've just repeated.

Yes, every race can be racist, that's common sense, isn't it? My question is, why do you feel the need to make that known so desperately here?
Because the entire BLM campaign is based on the presumption that anti black racism is special. it defeats the purpose and causes great damage.

We are talking about a disproportionate amount of black football players having racist abuse directed towards them, we aren't having a worldly discussion about racism overall?
But you're just again betraying your anglocentric world view. you've not even used your brain. why are the black players more often being abused? because asian players aren't even being given a chance to play, to get on the pitch ffs. maybe if you stopped being so scared of using your brain and thought about the situation honestly you'd get to the point.

And you're right, that is my opinion, it's an opinion based on me knowing that human beings taking a knee to send an anti-racist message isn't causing harm to anybody but the racists who don't wish to see change.
Just wow. So unbelievably arrogant. You KNOW this is an intrisically positive and productive thing. Just like every other political extremist and partisan peasant always have when killing or abusing their opponents in history - they also knew.

You just admitted you're not even open to discussion about the issue. You're right, you've already decided. All of this is just for show - you've got nothing to prove since you're already right.

No offense, but lazy and unintelligent. But a certain crowd of fellow uneducated, rabid crusaders on here will agree with you simply because you disagree with me.

Maybe one day you'll actually think for yourself. Doubt it though.

This shouldn't even be about sides, it should be about calling out racism and people who embolden racists.
Why are you not out there fighting against Dele Alli, Dembele and Griezmann, who in just the past year committed acts of racism against Asians and suffered no consequences for it?

3 incidents by just these 3 players. And not a care in the world.

You're the hypocrite. You don't give a shit unless it's your flavour of racism. Disgusting.

That kind of works both ways wouldn't you say? Are you really that stupid?

probably true though isn't it, whats your point?

Oh dear, here comes hector projector

Absolute cold stone bollocks you disingenuous little prick. Put some music to that and send it to Cliff Richard, it'll be the next Christmas number 1. You really think your shit doesn't smell don't you.

A massive cunt then?

oh, of course you do, what were we thinking!!

Politicians lie shocker! Who knew! Grow the fuck up

Its neither, just a load of coincidental bollocks you wrote 5 mins ago

Good

True, in the same way black people can be racist, after all, it all comes from same place doesn't it, that dark figure always on our shoulder we never leave behind no matter how hard we try (see below)

Admit it, you hate her because she's a woman don't you. Give my regards to your mum, now fuck off
Ooops.... disagreed with you mate, don't worry though, he won't engage you, cat seems to have got his tongue...🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Ooops...@Dogstar disagreed with you mate, don't worry though, he won't engage you, cat seems to have got his tongue...🤷‍♂️
Very genuine and real person mr Dogstar. Very many posts since he made the account and very normal pattern of mostly harassing a certain group in the off topic forums! not suspicious at all.

You're only saying this because you agree with the message.

If you want to talk about hypocrisy, this shit is it. You can't demand everyone just accept and agree your political messaging. It's not 'hypocritical' to disagree with it.
It's not difficult to say I think the anti-racist sentiment is the only correct side.

I'll tell you what hypocritical is, it's shitting on players taking an anti-racist stance and then pretending to stand behind them when racism is thrown their way.

What are you talking about? i'm not the one who sits on this football forum EVERY DAY and circle jerking about politics with people who all share my view.

Maybe you're projecting?

Projection

You know nothing about me lol

Priti Patel is one of the most abused people in the country, for her looks, heritage and gender. How can you say this with a straight face while dog piling her for social media cred?

It's a low effort, lazy and generic insult. It's typical orange man bad. It's the 80 iq bloke shouting in the pub level politics. it adds nothing to the discussion.

is a hypocrite really the best word to sum this up?

Orange man bad. Let's compare everything and everyone bad with Trump! Very original.

Just like black people can be racist as well and a large part of the anti asian racism in not only the UK but the entire west is unfortunately carried out by black people and other minorities.

That's 10000% your own opinion and not fact. Patel clearly doesn't agree with you so your conclusion doesn't make sense if you disagree on the premise.
Orange man was bad

Literally 3% of racist abuse at footballers originates from England

I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not, but the conversation is being framed in a very dishonest manner.

Go to any post where people post monkey emojis etc. 90% are from Indian, African or Middle Eastern accounts.

The fact of the matter is that racism is very much alive in 90% of the world. People in western Europe and the USA simply don't understand how little racism there actually is in these areas compared to the east and global south.

Which is why every white middle class initiative to staahp racism is accomplishing the complete opposite and will continue to do so.
Luckily the euros and Premier League goes to a global audience , so the stand they are taking will be seen by a large amount of the other 97 percent .
So surely the fact this stand is highlighting the issue globally as well as in the UK is a fantastic bonus

I'm the one who does tihs? lmao. You don't think you are a bit lacking in self awareness, considering i'm alone against a pretty vast partisan side on this. but nah, must be additional proof you're right since the partisan side happens to be yours this time.... logic.

You just don't get it. Not supporting BLM isn't engaging in a campaign against anti racism LMFAO. What an amazingly dishonest line of argument.

So condescending. I really need a bunch of middle age white guys with no education telling me about the real world because you guys repeat twitter talking points lol

You're just a basic man dude. Your opinions are basic. Lazy. Unintelligent. Uninformed.

You're appealing to the lowest common denominator. You're parrotting shit to fit into a group. You have not presented a single unique or critical thought in your diatribe. It's pathetic. You're missing the point. You've not thought or analysed anything, you've just repeated.

Because the entire BLM campaign is based on the presumption that anti black racism is special. it defeats the purpose and causes great damage.

But you're just again betraying your anglocentric world view. you've not even used your brain. why are the black players more often being abused? because asian players aren't even being given a chance to play, to get on the pitch ffs. maybe if you stopped being so scared of using your brain and thought about the situation honestly you'd get to the point.

Just wow. So unbelievably arrogant. You KNOW this is an intrisically positive and productive thing. Just like every other political extremist and partisan peasant always have when killing or abusing their opponents in history - they also knew.

You just admitted you're not even open to discussion about the issue. You're right, you've already decided. All of this is just for show - you've got nothing to prove since you're already right.

No offense, but lazy and unintelligent. But a certain crowd of fellow uneducated, rabid crusaders on here will agree with you simply because you disagree with me.

Maybe one day you'll actually think for yourself. Doubt it though.
Wait, since when did racism become a partisan issue? I have no fucking side, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this before you understand me, I speak out on things I believe are important, it isn't influenced by political matters.

Racism is something I have faced in my life and people in my family have suffered so it's something I am very aware of and is something I will NOT stand for, it doesn't matter what the race of the person is, black, white, asian etc, a racist is a racist, end of, I will speak up against it and not for likes or fucking agrees, I do it because I think the people who engage in it need to be held accountable and get help for their ignorance.

BLM have no impact on my thoughts on players taking the knee, the entire visual of it is one of anti-racism, that's all I care about, it sends a message that racism will not be stood for.

I am also not white so yet another assumption about me from you, also claiming that I lack education because I disagree with your opinion and because I disagree with racism doesn't seem like a very intelligent way to approach a discussion?

So because I share the opinion of the majority that racism is wrong, that makes my opinion uninformed, lazy and unintelligent to you? Are you just a contrarian and that's what this is all about? I get that the majority of people ARE stupid but that doesn't mean that every majority opinion is wrong or uninformed, some things are just basic common sense, like you know, racism is bad.

I don't think anybody has said that anti-black racism is special? I think that there is an overwhelming majority of black players in football that face racist abuse, hence why it's talked about more, does that make you uncomfortable or something?

It seems to be like you're using a lot of what if's to try and make a point about racism overall and yet nobody here is arguing that racism against other races isn't bad and nobody here is saying that anti-black racism is special, they are simply saying that a disproportionate amount of black players face racism in football? Do you not agree with that?

I don't get your line of reasonsing when it comes to history and political extremists, we are not even talking about that? Why are you injecting that here? We are talking about RACISM and trying to fight against RACISM.

I am open to discussion about anything, what have I said to suggest otherwise? That I dislike racism? I am not open to discussing my views on racism, that you are correct on, all forms of racism are disgusting, what are you talking about?

I can assure you I think for myself and couldn't give a fuck what others think of my opinions, anybody who has seen me in a Daniel Levy thread will know that.

Wait, since when did racism become a partisan issue? I have no fucking side, I don't know how many times I have to tell you this before you understand me, I speak out on things I believe are important, it isn't influenced by political matters.

Racism is something I have faced in my life and people in my family have suffered so it's something I am very aware of and is something I will NOT stand for, it doesn't matter what the race of the person is, black, white, asian etc, a racist is a racist, end of, I will speak up against it and not for likes or fucking agrees, I do it because I think the people who engage in it need to be held accountable and get help for their ignorance.

BLM have no impact on my thoughts on players taking the knee, the entire visual of it is one of anti-racism, that's all I care about, it sends a message that racism will not be stood for.

I am also not white so yet another assumption about me from you, also claiming that I lack education because I disagree with your opinion and because I disagree with racism doesn't seem like a very intelligent way to approach a discussion?

So because I share the opinion of the majority that racism is wrong, that makes my opinion uninformed, lazy and unintelligent to you? Are you just a contrarian and that's what this is all about? I get that the majority of people ARE stupid but that doesn't mean that every majority opinion is wrong or uninformed, some things are just basic common sense, like you know, racism is bad.

I don't think anybody has said that anti-black racism is special? I think that there is an overwhelming majority of black players in football that face racist abuse, hence why it's talked about more, does that make you uncomfortable or something?

It seems to be like you're using a lot of what if's to try and make a point about racism overall and yet nobody here is arguing that racism against other races isn't bad and nobody here is saying that anti-black racism is special, they are simply saying that a disproportionate amount of black players face racism in football? Do you not agree with that?

I don't get your line of reasonsing when it comes to history and political extremists, we are not even talking about that? Why are you injecting that here? We are talking about RACISM and trying to fight against RACISM.

I am open to discussion about anything, what have I said to suggest otherwise? That I dislike racism? I am not open to discussing my views on racism, that you are correct on, all forms of racism are disgusting, what are you talking about?

I can assure you I think for myself and couldn't give a fuck what others think of my opinions, anybody who has seen me in a Daniel Levy thread will know that.
Premier League Kane GIF by Play Sports

Why are you not out there fighting against Dele Alli, Dembele and Griezmann, who in just the past year committed acts of racism against Asians and suffered no consequences for it?

3 incidents by just these 3 players. And not a care in the world.

You're the hypocrite. You don't give a shit unless it's your flavour of racism. Disgusting.
I wasn't aware of Dembele or Griezmann so you will have to fill me in on that but in terms of Dele Alli I can't remember if I condemned it on here or not but I certainly did condemn it and thought it was disgusting and I feel like he should have faced harsher punishment for it, truthfully I think any footballer who engages in racism should be fined, banned and made to sit through some sort of therapy to try and understand why they feel the need to be racist before being allowed to return to the profession. I don't make the rules sadly though.

I also condemned Hugo Lloris for his disgusting drink driving and STILL to this day will be happy to see the back of him because of it tbh but I don't want to get into that, my point is, I call out shit WHEN I see it, my opinions are not motivated by politics, they are motivated by what I think is right.

Oh come on now, racism is racism, I don't give a fuck WHO is doing it, a racist is a racist in my eyes, they are all pieces of shit.

You're only using that line of argument because I came after Patel and your political bias on the matter has got you coming out guns blazing at me claiming I only care if it's black people and yet, in my posts I have condemned the racism against her and the sexism, you just don't want to see it.

Last edited:

Erm you do realise most of the online hate posts are trolls from other countries right? The only cues they are looking for are from public figures condemning racism and building something they can knock down? We've got bots generating racist memes and then the media industrial complex gives it 24 coverage. Fully expect Sancho Rashford and Sako to release a woke rap song with the profits going to BLM.

Last edited:
Anti-racism and calling out the racists - 100% everyone can support that.

Using gesture politics and a political organisation to do that - 100% cannot support that.

The FA and the EPL tied kneeling to BLM - they even had the players wearing BLM badges - to now pretend that didn't happen and that kneeling is purely anti-racism and has no political ties ... what gives them that right?

The FA and the EPL should - STAND UP TO RACISM - both figuratively and literally, they are the ones who need to break free from the politics - after all they were the ones who dragged politics into football, against their own charter, in the first place.

This whole argument about bending knees, BLM, political / non political, seem like they could be resolved by simply creating a new gesture pre game not linked to any existing movements or symbolism.

My suggestion would be to bring out John Terry before every England game & allow 5 ballot selected fans to kick the shit out of him for 60 seconds.

Literally kicking racism out.

Erm you do realise most of the online hate posts are trolls from other countries right? The only cues they are looking for are from public figures condemning racism and building something they can knock down? We've got bots generating racist memes and then the media industrial complex gives it 24 coverage. Fully expect Sancho Rashford and Sako to release a woke rap song with the profits going to BLM.

Ok, so it's just racist robots? I'm not sure if I should be relieved or fucking terrified.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom