Cristian Romero

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I've seen a lot of people starting to suggest to give up on this deal in the next few days if we can't do it.

1) He's the only top calibre CB out there that actually wants to come to us. This is a massive opportunity. I'd do all I can to get him. I'd wait until deadline day and he comes in then if its necessary. Have patience if we want that quality.

2) Some people are saying 'our offer to Atalanta is good' is it? We're offering somewhere between 40m-45m euros so lets say about £35m.
£35m for the SERIE A Best defender and one of the best defenders in Europe. Woolwich paid £50m for Ben White. We need to be realistic and accept Atalanta's price is a fair price.

3) People are suggesting that we can go for someone else . Who? Kounde's off to Chelsea. Lacroix is staying put (Romero is better than him though). That leaves no one else particularly good. Anyone else would be a massive downgrade. Time to go for that quality.

He would massively improve this team. He'd be worth every penny. We as a club cannot make the same mistake we did with Skriniar especially as we actually had our best defender Toby at the time. We are desperate for a great CB and the opportunity is right there. He wants to come. We cannot give up and move on. He has to be plan A , B , C etc. Get the money for him however you want. We need him!

The problem is with two weeks until the season starts - Toby is gone and Sanchez looks like he’ll follow, Dier was dropped against MK which could mean he’s out/going to leave. That just leaves Rodon and Tanganga if he’s not signed this week.

The problem is with two weeks until the season starts - Toby is gone and Sanchez looks like he’ll follow, Dier was dropped against MK which could mean he’s out/going to leave. That just leaves Rodon and Tanganga if he’s not signed this week.
Dier was injured I believe

Yeah options are really short but I'd rather be patient and wait to get him in then rush to get a 2nd rate mediocre defender.

I don’t want to see Dier anywhere near the back line of this team. It’s my red line, and if we still have Winks, Sissoko, Aurier around the squad in two weeks the club is failing IMO.

Back
Top Bottom