Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would people accept?:

Kane out for £150M
And with that cash:
Vlahovic, Lautaro Martinez, Lacroix
Probably, although it would never actually happen.

Look, we can assume he's off next year regardless, as we'll want to get some money for him. So the question is, if Vlahovic or Martinez are out targets, is it easier to get them now with Kane's fee, or next year?

I disagree, but only because there are enough clubs on the continent absolutely fucked financially. There's only so much they could play hardball, even if they knew we had cash to burn.
We have options to replace him. Linked with both Vlahovic and Martinez.
Inter need the cash, Fiorentina would love the cash (Vlahovic contract out in 2023); we actually have a fair bit of leverage in both negotiations as we can claim to pull out and only pursue the other.

Look, we can assume he's off next year regardless, as we'll want to get some money for him. So the question is, if Vlahovic or Martinez are out targets, is it easier to get them now with Kane's fee, or next year?
I can't imagine Fiorentina are in great financial straits, and if Vlahovic carries on his form into next season his price will only go up.

So for that reason I'd be trying to get him ASAP.

Why exactly has the forum decided to shit its pants in the last few hours re Kane by the way? We all know he's wanted out since the end of the season. What's got everyones knickers in a twist?

Let’s be honest. City doesn’t even need Kane. They play better without a striker. City know this. Kane knows this. City just want Kane to help with their Homegrown quota.

See I don’t get this. Why would you want to see him win a trophy in England that isn’t with Spurs? Kane would rather just get trophies bought for him then actually try to win them with Spurs which would be more meaningful. He listens to his gooner brother too much.

Genuinely curious whether this applies to Kyle Walker for these people too...... Because this situation is identical.

I disagree, but only because there are enough clubs on the continent absolutely fucked financially. There's only so much they could play hardball, even if they knew we had cash to burn.
Fair enough. In all honesty I don't even know when the window closes. But I do know how much DL likes to string out a transfer deal.

Why exactly has the forum decided to shit its pants in the last few hours re Kane by the way? We all know he's wanted out since the end of the season. What's got everyones knickers in a twist?
Boredom and watching Ndombelly sitting on his fat arse during training probably

Why would it never happen?

Vlahovic would want to join Spurs, and with his contact running out in 2023, Fiorentina may want to cash in.
Lacroix would want to come. RB Leipzig bid €20m, which was rejected. I think €25-30m would seal it.

Lautaro is definitely the hardest. Athletic article today suggested Inter need the money. Key question would be can we convince the player? We’d have to hope his Argentinian team mates could convince him.

It’s definitely better to go for these players now than next year. Next year many European clubs would have financially recovered.

Saturday night beers innit. Don't worry, we'll all sneak off for a relieving wank shortly and knicker untwisting will result.

I can't imagine Fiorentina are in great financial straits, and if Vlahovic carries on his form into next season his price will only go up.

So for that reason I'd be trying to get him ASAP.
Yep - and we risk him signing a new deal, at which point the fee will become astronomical.

To be honest, it's not really about Kane. It's about having a coherent footballing strategy that maps out the next five to ten years of our team.

If Kane is not going to be a part of that, then get rid of him in the manner that best fits our team.

Would people accept?:

Kane out for £150M
And with that cash:
Vlahovic, Lautaro Martinez, Lacroix

With Romero also in with other funds?

Assuming the answer is yes, I probably would but would be still be worried about our MF and would like to use some funds to address that.

Edit:

I also think we would still need another forward potentially as I would think Martinez and Vlahovic would/could be playing together on the first team. A cheap-ish, experienced guy to play with Scarlett could work.

Yep, I think it’s likely that independent of Kane; Romero & Tomiyasu will come in, Aurier and Sanchez out.

Who would you want in midfield?

I have said that I would like someone who could play deeper than PEH or with him in a pivot depending on the formation, who could dominate the ball, create from deep, allow Ndombele/GLC to play further up the pitch and give PEH freedom to roam around the MF focusing on winning the ball back and helping out with the press.

Ideal for me is Camavinga, more realistic would be someone like Brozovic (I think he is on my mind from the Conte links months back), maybe Locatelli could play that role.

Son Martinez Vlahovic Scarlett are surely enough striker options?

So then one of Martinez or Vlahovic is on the bench?

Depends on the formation, if we are playing with 2 at the front then I don't think so because one of Vlahovic, Son or Martinez likely have to then play in ECL/Cup games.

If we are only going with one then it seems like a not a ton of game time for one of our big buys.

Are these TalkSport pundits? TalkSport are utter trash, no doubt about it.

Most of the the media end of things is trash.....

(Sure the TS clickbait call-ins etc. are pure theatre, but outside of that they're just recycling the tiniest morsals of truth and/or rumour like any other outlet and have many of the same reporters on their payroll.)

There's 3 factors to this story (4 if you include outcome):

What City want
What Kane wants
What Spurs want

+ The eventual outcome.

There is nothing else of any fundamental significance to report, but there will be 1 month of fluff regardless that will spell melting, arguments and binnings here despite peoples better (more lucid) judgement(*)......

(*In that sense, really no better than all the mugs that call in to rant at Durham on their way home from work etc.)

However the majority of media reports were created by Kane and his agent, ie the leak to sky sports news.

Yeh, but in 2 months and how many column inches ;what does any of it amount to beyond (at most); Kane wants to sign for City if he can?

Nothing!!! ........My central point in a nutshell.

Don't you think if there were any genuine developments they'd be all over it like a rash; statements from "un-named sources"; the "club says X", "his agent says Y"; the whole 9 yards? Not just some bollocks about overheard conversations at a wedding from some Love Island gossip columnist(!).

That night, TS interviewed the Sun's sports editor and asked him about it.... He was so dubious about aligning himself with that so-called story it was laughable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom