Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I disagree, but only because there are enough clubs on the continent absolutely fucked financially. There's only so much they could play hardball, even if they knew we had cash to burn.

Did you miss the Romero/Atalanta shitfest?

....Fancy another 4 big-money episodes of that do you? :dier:

Why exactly has the forum decided to shit its pants in the last few hours re Kane by the way? We all know he's wanted out since the end of the season. What's got everyones knickers in a twist?

Because with the Romero drama coming to a close peeps need something new to stress about.

God if only! I don’t know why they don’t do what Chelsea does to skirt that rule and buy these random English goalkeepers to be their 4th choice. Or Danny Drinkwater.

They have been up until now....

Scott Carson, Jack Rodwell, Fabian Delph, Nathan Ake.......

The Sheiks are just throwing their toys out their pram now cos they're still without a CL despite reaching the final last season.

(You watch all the City twats slate the CL...... You watch how magically important it becomes when they finally bag it!)

So then one of Martinez or Vlahovic is on the bench?

Depends on the formation, if we are playing with 2 at the front then I don't think so because one of Vlahovic, Son or Martinez likely have to then play in ECL/Cup games.

If we are only going with one then it seems like a not a ton of game time for one of our big buys.
Yeah, thats' the issue with buying 2 expensive CFs. But then if we buy one expensive CF and one mediocre one, the pressure on the expensive one is massive.
That's why ideally you'd buy one CF, and one CF who can play RW (can't think of any). Lautaro plays support striker for Lukaku at Inter, but not sure he can play RW.
Doc Doc has watched Inter more than me and may shine a light on that possibility.

Yeah, thats' the issue with buying 2 expensive CFs. But then if we buy one expensive CF and one mediocre one, the pressure on the expensive one is massive.
That's why ideally you'd buy one CF, and one CF who can play RW (can't think of any). Lautaro plays support striker for Lukaku at Inter, but not sure he can play RW.
Doc Doc has watched Inter more than me and may shine a light on that possibility.

I can think of one that fits the bill perfectly but you won't like it.

I have said that I would like someone who could play deeper than PEH or with him in a pivot depending on the formation, who could dominate the ball, create from deep, allow Ndombele/GLC to play further up the pitch and give PEH freedom to roam around the MF focusing on winning the ball back and helping out with the press.

Ideal for me is Camavinga, more realistic would be someone like Brozovic (I think he is on my mind from the Conte links months back), maybe Locatelli could play that role.
I'm actually not too keen with the idea of 2 defensive mids alongside an attacking mid. As we discussed before, ideally for me Ndombele and Lo Celso click in midfield, they're so talented.
I think if we sign another mid, it would severely limit Skipp's PL game time. He's a Spurs academy product, so for sentimental reasons I want him to be given a serious opportunity.

Camavinga is closely linked with United, while Locatelli is on the verge of Juve. Brozovic may be good, but Inter don't need that much cash to sell us 2 star players. I think CF if we sell Kane would be bigger priority than midfield (where we have the players but just need them to click).

I can think of one that fits the bill perfectly but you won't like it.
With Kane gone, I'd want 2 clinical finishers to come in as replacements. The guy on your mind is good at some aspects, but not that.

Yep - and we risk him signing a new deal, at which point the fee will become astronomical.

To be honest, it's not really about Kane. It's about having a coherent footballing strategy that maps out the next five to ten years of our team.

If Kane is not going to be a part of that, then get rid of him in the manner that best fits our team.
Theoretically the coherent football strategy is why Paratici was brought on. Sell Kane now or next summer, just have a plan and stick to it.

Spurs don't have to sell now, but he's not going to stay past next summer when he's got two years left on his contract. City will have to pay through the nose for it to happen in the next month, though.

I'm sorry but this is rubbish. While I love Kane and want him to stay at spurs. What would you do in his shoes? You wouldn't stay because you loved the club. He's not a fan he's an employee and the club his employer. Another employer can offer him trophies and more money. He's not the coward Levy and Enic are. We could have added to the squad and built a team to win over the last 3 or 4 years but we didn't. This isn't on Kane. Its on us and the club.
You’ve completely missed the point of my post.

Despite their recent successes I’m indifferent to Man City - richest club in world wins league title, fancy that!

This changes if Kane leaves. I am no particular fan of ENIC but they aren’t the primary villains here - surprised people are turning their fire on them and not City’s sportswashing and blood money.

Ruining the game. Twats.

Theoretically the coherent football strategy is why Paratici was brought on. Sell Kane now or next summer, just have a plan and stick to it.

Spurs don't have to sell now, but he's not going to stay past next summer when he's got two years left on his contract. City will have to pay through the nose for it to happen in the next month, though.

I bet if Kane stays this summer and City bag the CL this season; they'll go as cold as ice on the idea of buying him.

I'm actually not too keen with the idea of 2 defensive mids alongside an attacking mid. As we discussed before, ideally for me Ndombele and Lo Celso click in midfield, they're so talented.
I think if we sign another mid, it would severely limit Skipp's PL game time. He's a Spurs academy product, so for sentimental reasons I want him to be given a serious opportunity.

Camavinga is closely linked with United, while Locatelli is on the verge of Juve. Brozovic may be good, but Inter don't need that much cash to sell us 2 star players. I think CF if we sell Kane would be bigger priority than midfield (where we have the players but just need them to click).

I don't think they should be a DM, and not sure that PEH is really a strict DM as well. The idea for me is a player that can help us retain possession so that would be a key aspect and why it is players like Camavinga, Locatelli and Brozovic who are all good at passing and dribbling so they can retain possession. Also with PEH his ball winning ability and engine to get around the pitch and press players to force turnovers would help with possession as well.

I have no interest in seeing a DM type guy brought in to play with PEH. Ball skills would be key in the player that we would bring in.

I agree that none of the 3 guys mentioned would be likely to come, I doubt we even buy anyone. I think we are going with the idea that this time things will be different approach to the MF.

You’ve completely missed the point of my post.

Despite their recent successes I’m indifferent to Man City - richest club in world wins league title, fancy that!

This changes if Kane leaves. I am no particular fan of ENIC but they aren’t the primary villains here - surprised people are turning their fire on them and not City’s sportswashing and blood money.

Ruining the game. Twats.

Ramifications of the Kane/Grealish saga is now bigger than Spurs...... If it comes to pass, it's a watershed moment.

I think we are going with the idea that this time things will be different approach to the MF.
How many times did Jose even play Gio Ndom Hoj together though?
Against Leicester they had one half with Gio RW and Ndombele midfield, before Gio got injured. Can't remember a PL matches where they started together in midfield?

Gio and Ndombele are very talented and have the attributes you want: retain possession, pass and dribble.

Against Leicester they had one half with Gio RW and Ndombele midfield, before Gio got injured. Can't remember a PL matches where they started together in midfield?

Gio and Ndombele are very talented and have the attributes you want: retain possession, pass and dribble.

I think both GLC and Ndombele should be playing further up the field and PEH can't handle the ball playing role if they are doing that.

Maybe it will work now and GLC and Ndombele are certainly good enough to make it somewhat successful but I think those 3 together is not the best use of their skills.

Edit:

Locatelli for example I am not sure he is a better player than GLC or Ndombele but I think he would fit better if he replaced one of them.

That's definitely a possibility, but then there's a decision to be made regardless because he only has two years left on his deal.

Indeed; the dynamic sompletely shifts at that point.... HKs options shrink to Utd (who will be further still in City's shade) or a move to Europ); meanwhile, although we may become more open to the idea of a sale, we may also think fuck it; let's roll the dice and see how he feels at 30.

Maybe it will work now and GLC and Ndombele are certainly good enough to make it somewhat successful but I think those 3 together is not the best use of their skills.
What do you think they lack?

Both of them are good enough to pick the ball up from deep, beat players 1 on 1, and then pick out the right pass.
Issue is perhaps Ndombele's off the ball movement, but I think that's linked to his stamina. Nuno, for all his faults, values sports science and fitness much more than Jose, so will hopefully improve Ndombele's fitness.

I recognise this combo may not work, but the difference between us may be that I am more excited at seeing Skipp given a chance.

To my recollection about 30minutes in Europe with no discernible formation.

Back
Top Bottom