Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whether he goes or not, it's whatever, i'm fine either way.The important thing is to not let this linger into the start of the PL season. Give the demand to City and Charlie, if the price is not met by the monday after the City match, let them know that we won't be selling Kane for any price. The worst case scenario would be to sell Kane, then not have any proper plan on how we would spend the 150m we'd expect from his transfer.

Obviously, if we start getting linked to a couple 40m+ strikers, central defenders, etc in the coming weeks by reliable sources, we'll have already figured out that Kane is likely to leave.

I doubt this is Levy's style, but I think on Monday morning he and Paratici should receive Harry while the two are smoking cigars and celebrating the breaking news of Romero's signing.

No chair to sit in - make him stand and make his case - then after a long leisurely drag on the stub, just mutter "well, is that it... ?"

If Harry ends up at City he’ll no doubt lift a trophy or four this season. And he will be ecstatic on the field and there will be parades. Then he will go home and see his Tottenham shirts hanging on the wall and pictures of the big goals in the NLD and he’ll sit back when it’s quiet and that trophy will feel hollow as hell because deep down he knows it would have meant more for Spurs.

xop7JRF.png

Kane is 28. If he wants to leave then I don't think we should try and force him to stay.

If we did sell him and used the money to buy Martinez (23) and Vlahovic (21), it would not be the worst piece of business. The latter two would probably cost £100 million.

If we could get £100 million + Laporte or Bernardo Silva, I would accept.

Kane is 28. If he wants to leave then I don't think we should try and force him to stay.

If we did sell him and used the money to buy Martinez (23) and Vlahovic (21), it would not be the worst piece of business. The latter two would probably cost £100 million.

If we could get £100 million + Laporte or Bernardo Silva, I would accept.
Only cash !! 130-150M

Oh yeah I agree and maybe I've missed something In the convo and if so I apologise but my point was not about what he is worth but suggesting that he shouldn't be looking elsewhere and is a knob for doing so. I just don't think that's correct.
Agreed. A lot of the stuff leaked is probably horse shit but it never puts a player in a good light does it? Let’s hope it doesn’t spoil his legacy at the club

Cannot understand why so many want to sell our best player. How will the money be spent? Well it will not be received all at once and will probably be used to cover the transfers we have already done and then what is left may go on new players if and it is if we can get agreements. Irrespective of whether Kane goes new players will have to go through quarantine and then get fit and you are looking at several weeks before they play. By then we could be well down the league.
Sell Kane and the anti Levy brigade will be going on again about our net gain on transfers. Kane must stay and to hell with the financial implication. Selling our best player has not worked out well in the past.

Cannot understand why so many want to sell our best player.
Totally agree but if Kane actively wants to leave, whilst we would be totally within our right to hold him to his contract, I'm not sure keeping a potentially unmotivated player is a great thing.
None of us know Kane's mindset and for me that's a key part. If he feels he is too good for the club then do we want a player who feels he is above us? He is world class, obviously, but no player is bigger than the club

Back
Top Bottom