Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What do you think they lack?

Both of them are good enough to pick the ball up from deep, beat players 1 on 1, and then pick out the right pass.
Issue is perhaps Ndombele's off the ball movement, but I think that's linked to his stamina. Nuno, for all his faults, values sports science and fitness much more than Jose, so will hopefully improve Ndombele's fitness.

I recognise this combo may not work, but the difference between us may be that I am more excited at seeing Skipp given a chance.

Ndombele I feel lacks the engine to play in that role and tends to drift out of games when he isn't involved or starts to tire out. I also question how much he likes doing some of the hard work that can come with that role.

GLC, I think is better with the quicker pass, getting in tight with defenders rather than some of the longer runs that we saw with a player like Dembele who I envision.

Maybe with more of a proper set up (that I doubt Nuno could bring) they could do it but I prefer each in more of a 10 role or attacking role, GLC especially.

Yes, but everyone was ambling about and no one gave a shit.
It's frustrating, because with the exception of Ndombele's off the ball movement, there's no reason that can't be one of the best midfields in Europe. Talent is there.

I'm not sure what you're disputing (or perhaps think that I'm disagreeing about)....

They've played fuck all together; so it's very typically 'Iggy' to write off their potential.

Ndombele I feel lacks the engine to play in that role and tends to drift out of games when he isn't involved or starts to tire out. I also question how much he likes doing some of the hard work that can come with that role.

GLC, I think is better with the quicker pass, getting in tight with defenders rather than some of the longer runs that we saw with a player like Dembele who I envision.

Maybe with more of a proper set up (that I doubt Nuno could bring) they could do it but I prefer each in more of a 10 role or attacking role, GLC especially.
Look at GLC highlights at Real Betis, he was successful at longer dribbles too.

You may be right about Ndombele's attitude. Pisses me off as he's on 200K. None of the midfielders you suggested have the talent of GLC Ndombele.
We'd be a dangerous attacking team if those two could work together. Even if Kane leaves, we have a clinical finisher in Son. Would be fun to watch.

Love Kane but love Spurs more. If he is to leave it needs to be on OUR terms. Pay up or go home.

The real issue here isn’t Kane’s mentality or our own problems but the financial doping ruining the game. Wrote it earlier but if Kane and Grealish go to Abu Dhabi FC for the sums quoted it leaves a bad taste.

Dunno how much interest it is to anyone, but for those thinking player + cash; here's some food for thought:

Dunno how much interest it is to anyone, but for those thinking player + cash; here's some food for thought:

It's not just the issue of wages, would any of their players want to come to us? And if forced by City, would they have the right attitude?

I'll take the infant (0 y.o.) Foden + 100m, thank you.

Back
Top Bottom