Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the end of the day, Harry doesn't owe the club anything. Where would we have been without his goals? For some reason some people seem to think that because he has played for the club for a long time now and has an affinity with the club that it means he has to stay regardless. The club has shown no ambition and any top player worth their salt wouldn't want to hang around.
You're a braver man than me, Gunga B......

Hes only turned 21, how many impressive seasons should he have had by now?

Well I'd like any Kane replacement to actually have a bit more than one good season behind him. All of his stats prior to last season make for pretty sorry reading.

Could be another Luka Jovic.

If he is desperate to go put in a transfer request and lose your bonuses or behave properly like a England Captain
Makes no sense to not put in a transfer request. He is fucking rich, hardly going to affect him if he loses some bonuses as he will get a lot more money from the next contract anyway.

In hindsight yea. Coz they were able to get their move in the end and achieve what they wanted. If they had ended up with nothing, theyd hate the bald fraud.

Also both Modric and Berbatov were younger when they got their move. So they had more chances to win things with a top team. Kane will be 29 next season, if he doesnt leave now, he wont win much in his life. We are not in a position to win anything for the next couple of years at the very least. There is absolutely zero reason for us to keep him.
If we get what's he's worth I agree, They are willing to pay £100 for Jack, thhen turn around and offer the same for Kane?

We'd only get him if no other top club wants him, even if he wanted to leave Fiorentina and Serie A.

I doubt any bigger clubs are coming in for him this late in the season.

He could come to us and then go to a bigger club in the future if he wanted.

. He is supposedly a life long die hard Spurs man,
you sure? remember the bloke who actually said that on tape proved otherwise.... its all, all , all rethoric..... no one like MLT or AS nowadays... they're absolute professionals......

Of course we don't know exactly what happened, but is there anything in Harry Kane's past to indicate that he is making it all up?

When looking at this situation who is acting out of character? Do you think Kane woke up and said all of a sudden I will start acting completely out of character for no reason?

I don't think there is anything that is legally binding and think that Kane is definitely naive for believing that Levy would go back on his word.

But it makes perfect sense that Levy promised Kane that he could go and went back on that and that is why Kane has reacted this way.
I agree, my point though is that obviously Levy didn't just say to Kane: "you can go for any amount next summer". There was obviously a condition about the amount. I would be amazed if Levy gave a precise figure and the leaking from Kane suggests no figure was given; if that was the case, the headlines would just say: "Levy promised Kane could go for £100m". It is clear to me Levy gave a vague indication like "fair" or "reasonable" amount.
We don't even know what offer City have made.

Apart from anything else, not showing up for training seems like a very amateur PR move. So far all it's done is damaged his relationship with supporters and angered the people he needs to consent to any transfer. A really desperate move, and it's sad it's come to this.

It would surely have been smarter, just in terms of PR, to try to get the Spurs supporters' sympathy - he could have done interviews or put out a statement to say how much our support has meant, how much Spurs has meant to him, but also that if an offer came to play champions league and fight for the biggest trophies, he'd have to consider it.

I do feel sorry for him - probably this summer was the year for him to go. I hope he backs down because Levy won't.

Well I'd like any Kane replacement to actually have a bit more than one good season behind him. All of his stats prior to last season make for pretty sorry reading.

Outside of elite strikers all are risks. Ings is great and prem proven but getting older, this guy is just 21 and looks the business but might be a ‘’one season wonder’’. We need two strikers if Kane goes anyway so him and Ings and we should be fine if one of them isn’t too great.

So you haven't said Levy reneged on an agreement then said you didn't know what it was? Do you not see that's fucking obtuse?

That is not obtuse at all.

I would say a large amount of Spurs supporters and posters here think that Levy has gone back on what he told Kane.

Which club can afford 50 million euros for Vlahovic?

United just signed Cavani and have Greenwood. City after Kane. Chelsea after Haaland and Lukaku. European clubs don't have the cash.
Maybe Liverpool if they want to replace Firmino, but no indication they want to do that.

Well, that's my point. If any of those clubs actually wanted him, for whatever reason, we wouldn't stand a chance. We've never been able to attract the best players around even with Kane. Without him, I just don't see why any top player will genuinely want to join us even if we were willing to spend the money.

Could be another Luka Jovic.
Martinez would be perfect but without champions league football we have to fish in a certain pond.

I agree, my point though is that obviously Levy didn't just say to Kane: "you can go for any amount next summer". There was obviously a condition about the amount. I would be amazed if Levy gave a precise figure and the leaking from Kane suggests no figure was given; if that was the case, the headlines would just say: "Levy promised Kane could go for £100m". It is clear to me Levy gave a vague indication like "fair" or "reasonable" amount.
We don't even know what offer City have made.

I don't think that Levy said any amount or that Kane thinks that is what happened. We have heard repeatedly from the club that they are not selling Kane.

Kane feels that Levy has not done what he said and has stopped the sale of him by his actions and unwillingness to work with clubs to get things done.

Very sad day for our club.
I love Harry for all he has been for our club, But, there is no smoke without fire.
Tottenham Hotspur Plc need to dig in now.
Harry has gone from idol to asset in the space of 12 hours.
It's such a shame.
Say what you like about Enic, they are a business, so is Harry albeit on a smaller scale.
Nobody wins in this scenario.
I think Harry is in danger of falling into Sol Campbell depths of depravity.
The club needs to stand strong and make a statement.
We are a much bigger club than we were when Berbatov, Modric and Bale kicked off.
If we let City or any other club rape us this summer, we might as well fold.
The lack of noise from Spurs and Harry is deafening. Whatever is going on behind the media circus shows one thing is true.
The fans are still and will always be the victims.
Yes, players come and go. Its the ones that give their all without making a fuss that stay in our hearts.
Harry has managed to tarnish his reputation all by his self. Just take another look at the interview with Sky, fuck me he was hitching his skirt.
Never really gave it much thought until today.
Absolutely disgusted by his behaviour.
If I was Levy I would be dangling him to every club on the continent, making sure that the deal didn't turn out to be like the Richard Gough deal that we got in the 80s.
He's Dead to me now.
Let's make it difficult for him and move on with players that want to play for us.

That is not obtuse at all.

I would say a large amount of Spurs supporters and posters here think that Levy has gone back on what he told Kane.

I doubt Levy said I will sell you to any low bid from City. Kane will go if City are serious about getting him and offer a decent package/

Back
Top Bottom