Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ha ha ha!! How. By getting him to sign a new contract like Kane.

There'll be plenty of people on here shitting all over him and calling him a rat when he follows in the footsteps of Bale, Berbatov, Modric, Walker and Harry in the next year or two.
Depends how he goes about it. I would be certain he wouldn't shit on us but then I would have said the same about Kane so who knows.

FFP was softened d/t covid so not really fair criticism. Plus we do want 150M of their samolians so let's not be hypocrites I say.
Oh fuck off
if it wasn't for abu dhabi city overpaying for players see Kyle fucking Walker 50m. football wouldn't be in this situation. FFP was supposed to stop this kinda thing happening. A team that cant fill there stadium paying 200 million plus for 2 players and the media are fawning over them. It's a bloody disgrace citeh are owned by a fucking state yet we are supposed to bend over backwards and get shafted by them for a player whose worth 5 times more than Kyle Walker. The situation with transfer fees skyrocketing is down to clubs like citeh.

We've just secured Sonny's future.

Kane himself was retained despite an ever growing spotlight not too long ago..... In fact all of Poch's golden boys were..... Poch himself was given a fat new deal to fend off hawks like Utd & RM.... (The funny thing is now some fans wanna retrospectively claim we should have sold them all.)

Despit the above, there is a foodchain sadly..... More successful clubs than ourselves are also still prone to it.

As for Dembele.... His replacement cost 60m and even has a name that sounds just like him.
Succession planning is part of the sporting world. Dembele left in December 2018. His replacement needed to be at Spurs in @ least August 2018. That the joke that the club may claim replaced him did not arrive until Mid summer 2019 (and his fitness was a mess) says it all. Reactive in the market and not proactive.

Kane’s replacement needs to be purchased now, and Kane sold next summer. In the circumstances that makes sense. I don’t mean loans or punts, a decent player or two below 25 needs to come in now and Kane can get used to not being pivotal. Even Jimmy Greaves was sold. I understand that it is part of football, but surely to god after 20 years of these types of mistakes enough is enough. Plan ahead.

Ultimately if Kane was to go this summer then someone needed to come in last summer. This is how team building works and that’s why this is all a cheap ploy by ENIC.

& Giving Son a new contract when there is absolutely no suggestion that he wanted to leave or anyone wanted to buy him is not retaining him any more than Toby’s new January 2020 deal retained him. It’s about avoiding an Eriksen.

Tottenham for me are a busted flush. I love the memories, hate what is happening to the club as it’s terribly run on a sporting level.

Last edited:
Well I don't recall Wolves playing fantastic football despite some of the players they have. Overall he did well for them, you can't argue otherwise. But his last season for them was a bomb scare and one look on their forum showed that the vast majority of Wolves fans were ecstatic to see him fired, albeit also grateful for getting them out of the Championship.

When Mourinho was sacked, nobody and I mean nobody here put their hand up and said "What about Espirito Santo?". And for a reason.
Don't want to make this a Nuno thread but they were not bad at all in his first two seasons with two 7th place finishes and a semi-final of FA Cup straight out of the Championship, that's better than Poch did at Southampton and better than Beisla for Leeds (both of those achievements were rightly lorded too). Last season he had major injury issues to his best players Neto (knee), Jiminez (skull), Marcal (can't remember), Bolly and Dendonker missing Xmas period, Podence out for 2 months, Castro Otto (ACL) only played 7 games, Neto (knee) missed 6 months!! All this in one season with a small squad in only it's 3rd season in PL whilst also navigating Europe.

EDIT: Oh and they sold Jota to LFC

like I said, I've no idea how good he will be or how he'll have us playing (Pre-season FWIW has been encouraging but a pinch of salt and all that). They will be fitter than under the dinosaur and even that I'd expect to translate into a more entertaining game to watch.

Last edited:
Don't want to make this a Nuno thread but they were not bad at all in his first two seasons with two 7th place finishes and a semi-final of FA Cup straight out of the Championship, that's better than Poch did at Southampton and better than Beisla for Leeds (both of those achievements were rightly lorded too). Last season he had major injury issues to his best players Neto (knee), Jiminez (skull), Marcal (can't remember), Bolly and Dendonker missing Xmas period, Podence out for 2 months, Castro Otto (ACL) only played 7 games, Neto (knee) missed 6 months!! All this in one season with a small squad in only it's 3rd season in PL whilst also navigating Europe.

like I said, I've no idea how good he will be or how he'll have us playing (Pre-season FWIW has been encouraging but a pinch of salt and all that). They will be fitter than under the dinosaur and even that I'd expect to translate into a more entertaining game to watch.

I hope he does well. I hope he does very well. But as of right now, I see him as a downgrade on Mourinho. I genuinely don't see how anybody can think of him differently. He was an appointment made in desperation. That never bodes well.

Every football club has those those that believe they're some sort of super-fan just because they won't say a bad word about the club, it's staff or players. Quite sad really. There's a fair few knocking about on here but I don't need to start naming and shaming. In their heads everything is wonderful and we're going in the right direction as a club, regardless of the actual reality. I try my best to just let them be and get by in their own bubbles.
100%. Then they tell you to go support city because we think we need to spend a few quid to improve the team.

Charlie is also a dog's name.
So is Willy...:harrysmile:

Willy_the_pug.jpg

I hope he does well. I hope he does very well. But as of right now, I see him as a downgrade on Mourinho. I genuinely don't see how anybody can think of him differently. He was an appointment made in desperation. That never bodes well.
And I can't for the life of me see how anyone thinks the dinosaur and his tragic, turgid football played by players who haven't performed any fitness training is a better.

Succession planning is part of the sporting world. Dembele left in December 2018. His replacement needed to be at Spurs in @ least August 2018. That the joke that the club may claim replaced him did not arrive until August 2019 says it all. Reactive in the market and not proactive.

Kane’s replacement needs to be purchased now, and Kane sold next summer. In the circumstances that makes sense. I don’t mean loans or punts, a decent player or two below 25 needs to come in now and Kane can get used to not being pivotal. Even Jimmy Greaves was sold. I understand that it is part of football, but surely to god after 20 years of these types of mistakes enough is enough. Plan ahead.

Ultimate if Kane was to go this summer then someone needed to come in last summer. This is how team building works and that’s why this is all a cheap ploy by ENIC.

& Giving Son a new contract when there is absolutely no suggestion that he wanted to leave or anyone wanted to buy him is not retaining him any more than Toby’s new January 2019 deal retained him. It’s about avoiding an Eriksen.

Tottenham for me are a busted flush. I love the memories, hate what is happening to the club as it’s terribly run on a sporting level.

I actually agree with a lot of that, I've been complaining about our scouting and a desire for a DOF for years, BUT you asked for examples of a) when we'd retained players (I gave recent you examples.) and b) where is Dembele's replacement (I told you whom that was).

It's all very well discounting the examples given, but there was mass paranoia about our squad being picked apart throughout the entirety of Poch's reign, but it didn't happen..... Why? Largely down to how we'd locked them all down to long term contracts and partly down to the fact that we as a club have a bit more clout than we did when the likely of Carrick, Berba & Bale were sold.

...That's retainment of players.

And I can't for the life of me see how anyone thinks the dinosaur and his tragic, turgid football played by players who haven't performed any fitness training is a better.

I was very much in the Mourinho out camp, though not a week or less before a final. I'm not saying that we should have stuck with Mourinho by any means. But at the very least, he has a record Espirito Santo can only dream of. I don't see him making us play better football either. Wolves were often extremely toothless.

Kane was always going to go one day albeit leave or retire. Weve managed before with big name departures. Just a bit annoying for last 30 years we sell our best players due to ambition. That dont wash and makes us look a bit small time.
I said years ago this was the problem with people backing enic/levy. Your best players like Kane might want to actually win medals which goes against their way of doing things. Big mistake to not move forward & for it when we were peak poch team & a happy Kane.

FFP was softened d/t covid so not really fair criticism. Plus we do want 150M of their samolians so let's not be hypocrites I say.
You got it wrong Todd. Their human rights is awful but their blood money is very much welcome. Suddenly we turn a blind eye to the human rights or say “nah ,this money came from sky tv money”. :levyeyes:

Oh fuck off
if it wasn't for abu dhabi city overpaying for players see Kyle fucking Walker 50m. football wouldn't be in this situation. FFP was supposed to stop this kinda thing happening. A team that cant fill there stadium paying 200 million plus for 2 players and the media are fawning over them. It's a bloody disgrace citeh are owned by a fucking state yet we are supposed to bend over backwards and get shafted by them for a player whose worth 5 times more than Kyle Walker. The situation with transfer fees skyrocketing is down to clubs like citeh.
What's the most City have paid for a player? City have had little to do with 'skyrocketing' transfer fees. We have almost surpassed them on highest fee paid.

And when you figure out which player that is then ask yourself if he is better than Harry. Harry is by no means worth 5x more than Walker. The absolute disrespect for the best world RB of the last decade.

Back
Top Bottom