Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So this is how we are doing this then.

The Joker Popcorn GIF

This is not the way. Harry. Or Charlie. We begrudgingly accept (but hate) you feel the need to move on. This isn't how it's done. If he stays for another year I'm sure we will move on ahead of his inevitable departure next year, but this is tarnishing his legacy.

If City don’t meet the price Kane stays and it’s a World Cup year and he has records to break. Would he sacrifice his England career and records not to mention his legend status at this club if the transfer didn’t go through I wonder.

A lot of people comparing this to other players etc..

This is uncomparable though in my opinion :

- Kane is currently the most valuable player in the PL. On a decent contract. England captain so his value is just incredible compared to other previous situations of this
- He's one of our own. He's been at the club for so many years. This is sort of personal.

Kane's latest power play hasn't changed anything. If Kane things 'striking' will work. It won't. It makes Levy more angry and fans more angry and makes all the scenarios even worse. Levy is playing this well and won't relent.

If Kane wants to direct his anger at anyone direct it at City. Their bid of £100m was disrespectful. Make a £150m+ bid and Spurs will probably sell.

If City don’t meet the price Kane stays and it’s a World Cup year and he has records to break. Would he sacrifice his England career and records not to mention his legend status at this club if the transfer didn’t go through I wonder.
THIS ^

Which is why Kane has no power in the situation.

If he continues to strike then Spurs won't pick him and neither will England. This in my opinion will hurt him too much.

He will give in - always has for a nice fat profit

See Carrick, Berbatov, Bale and Modric

If we get 150 million then I consider that 50 million pounds above a sensible value.

Add Kane's wages and that will cost City 210 million on a 3 year contract or 225 on 4 years. Peanuts to them but nonetheless.

Kane will have to bring them the CL in his time and sorry but in my opinion that won't happen. I certainly will hope it doesn't.

If City don’t meet the price Kane stays and it’s a World Cup year and he has records to break. Would he sacrifice his England and records not to mention his legend status at this club if the transfer didn’t go through I wonder.
It's that simple isn't it, meet the asking price. Kane must know he is regarded as the best PL striker, topped both charts last season and has scored fuckloads of goals with one of the best goal/game ratios of any PL striker.

No amount of being a cunt to drive the price down is right in the face of that. If they want you out of that contract you signed, it will cost.

Weirdly, he's doing Levy a favour acting like this. It basically absolves him of any blame in the eyes of the fanbase when the sale eventually happens. Literally the "what the fuck else could I do?" get out.

Though the one counter to that (felt by some on here) is that Levy's to blame for not progressing the club to trophy success under Poch when the chance seemed to be there.

Pathetic if true, going down the Berba type route. Most fans had sympathy with his wish to move on (for the right price) but this comes across as trying to force the club into a lowball sale. Kane had a great reputation, miles better than say Levy, but this drags him down into the mud.
I find myself almost sympathizing with Levy.

Almost.

It's that simple isn't it, meet the asking price. Kane must know he is regarded as the best PL striker, topped both charts last season and has scored fuckloads of goals with one of the best goal/game ratios of any PL striker.

No amount of being a cunt to drive the price down is right in the face of that. If they want you out of that contract you signed, it will cost.

Unfortunately I get the feeling that he isn’t the smartest and his bother comes across as a dodo. He is being advised by idiots most likely and it could all blow up in his face unless City or even United rescue him with a huge bid.

Fair enough - now let's agree on a price, sell him quickly and then reinvest the funds well before the transfer window closes

It’s not a case of agreeing a price. It’s a case of City paying our valuation. No negotiation needed here. They want him that badly, they can pay the price. That’s all there is to it.

Plenty more fines coming Harry’s way then.

Here’s a life lesson boy. Don’t sign six year deals. Mug
What's the point in not going to training
It won't change anything and he'll just be unfit for the new season.
He's losing money everyday and its achieving nothing.

If he went down a more respectful route perhaps Spurs would actually listen to him

hard to get into the England squad rotting in our reserves! Maybe 3 piece suit Charlie can play for Southgate instead.. the cunt

If we get 150 million thrn I consider that 50 million pounds above a sensible value.

Add Kane's wages and thst will cost City 200 million. Peanuts to them but nonetheless.

Kane will have to bring them the CL in his time and sorry but in my opinion that won't happen. I certainly will hope it doesn't.
Every single quality player has left Spurs to win loads of trophies - Kane will be no different

Time to move on and re-invest the money well

Back
Top Bottom