Pacos Ferreira v Tottenham Hotspur (Euro Conference) Thursday 19 August @ 19.30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If anything tonight proved we dont have the depth to take this competition seriously because if you run the first team into the ground its this lot replacing them in league matches. Either that or you have Hojbjerg, Son and others playing like the walking dead from January onwards just like last season.
If we go out, so be it

I like the approach of a shell away team, stronger home team. Honestly think away travelling is a big factor in burn out….. missed nights sleep etc, disruptive

Didn’t watch the game but Nuno has now been here nearly 2 months was there any evidence of his coaching methods / style of play? Whatever team is put should be adopting his methods. Surely we should have a 25 man squad good enough to compete in these games. Look at our rivals and they would be able to muster a good starting 11 which wasn’t based on their first 11/15 players? People slag off Aurier but his a far bette player than Doh! Tangay needs to come back in and given a chance to show what he can do. A lot of that starting 11 have had enough pre season to be up to speed. Nuno needs to get more out of them but im not liking his treatment of some players and whether he can motivate others.

I'm calling this now:

- We get knocked out of the competition
- Our UEFA coefficient tanks because of it
- 2 seasons down the line we finish 4th - West Ham finish 17th, Chelsea 16th
- West Ham win EL, Chelsea win CL kicking us out of the CL spot we just earnt
- Leicester who finished 7th get CL instead of ECL because their UEFA coefficient is better than ours
- Woolwich get promoted from Championship

Didn’t watch the game but Nuno has now been here nearly 2 months was there any evidence of his coaching methods / style of play? Whatever team is put should be adopting his methods. Surely we should have a 25 man squad good enough to compete in these games. Look at our rivals and they would be able to muster a good starting 11 which wasn’t based on their first 11/15 players? People slag off Aurier but his a far bette player than Doh! Tangay needs to come back in and given a chance to show what he can do. A lot of that starting 11 have had enough pre season to be up to speed. Nuno needs to get more out of them but im not liking his treatment of some players and whether he can motivate others.
and thats my problem with the manager he's left out the deadwood senior players (not even on the bench) if we had injuries to senior players last night only had kids on the bench to replace them that was just madness

We don’t know that though? His been training like the rest of the squad. Nuno is being a dick if he couldn’t even include in 25 man squad. What harm would there have been in taking him. At least put him on the bench and start integrating him back. But know rather alienate him even more. His probably more talented than the shit put out tonight. He may have his faults but surely his worth 10 winks”s?
This is the 4th manager (if you include Mason) who hasn't fancied Ndombele. At what point do you stop blaming the manager, and start pointing the finger at the player?

From what I saw we were bloody terrible. We'll still get through though.
we were terrible because the manager played 4/5 kids against a team of men who had something to play for (beating an EPL team)
why did he play all these kids by the nxt time they get any match time any fitness from this game will be long gone

we were terrible because the manager played 4/5 kids against a team of men who had something to play for (beating an EPL team)
why did he play all these kids by the nxt time they get any match time any fitness from this game will be long gone
I agree. For whatever reason the club didn't take last night's game seriously.

Nuno obviously didn't hold the first leg in high regard, and sees the Wolves match as more important, and I tend to agree. The squad reflected that, and the lack of options from the bench.

The second leg, at home so no travel, is where we will win the game.

As much as we love a European tour, and it's a trophy. Do you priortise this over the league or domestic cups? You get the same thing for winning the domestic cups as you do the conference league, and probably less money from UEFA as well. It's been proven this window that players prefer Champions League football over playing for the League Cup winners.

This is the 4th manager (if you include Mason) who hasn't fancied Ndombele. At what point do you stop blaming the manager, and start pointing the finger at the player?
and the only one who did something was José ... Mason used others players just because he knew them since many years and because he liked Dele/ Winks .(ENGLISH PLAYERS)

that's why I said to play the same squad of the city game (except 2-3 changes: gollini romero gil)
can't change the whole team without consequences
and now the players that played yesterday will have zero confidence
nuno nuno...

It was shit,no doubt about that.
But all this talk about the feel good factor going,eh? That team could of almost had a different name than Tottenham.
Question marks over the established senior players that did play though, definitely.
Disappointed,yes,but thinking its the end of the world,naah.

It was shit,no doubt about that.
But all this talk about the feel good factor going,eh? That team could of almost had a different name than Tottenham.
Question marks over the established senior players that did play though, definitely.
Disappointed,yes,but thinking its the end of the world,naah.
Agree.

I've seen people going way over the top about this result. Yes it was a disappointment, but look at the squad. There was no one in their from Sunday. It's not like the 11 from last night will start this weekend.

We need a few more signings, no doubt about it, but this isn't the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom