Argentinian internationals and Quarantine

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take a deep breath. I am not saying I know whether the 2 Spurs players lied or not but I doubt Lo Celso & Romero would be so stupid as to lie about their whereabouts. It was already well-known that they had spent time in the UK within the last 14 days; so I doubt they personally lied about it.
The Argentinian FA knew about it, the Brazilian FA knew about it, the Brazilian health authorities knew about it (one could just check the date of their last Spurs game to find out)....and yet some Spurs fans believe that Lo Celso & Romero would invent a lie about it believing no-one would find out about it and risking Argentina losing the game for fielding ineligible players :cautious: 😁
This is a mess that's caused by several totally indept "groups"/associations/gov. officials. And it would have been humorous if it weren't for the 2 Spurs players involved.
PS! It does not make sense that the health authorities, who are pushing the vaccine so strongly, do not trust people who are fully vaccinated. Isn't the vaccine working after all then or?

Last edited:
I don't blame Romero and Lo Celso at all to be honest. To argies, as it should be to everyone in the world, getting invited to play for the NT is the biggest privilege in the world, and the proudest moment for any football player. This is all on FIFA, CONMEBOL, The Argentinian FA and the Brazil authorities. How fucking inept can the brazillian authorities be?
"The players lied about where they were previously". WELL YOU COULD'VE MADE 2 SECONDS OF RESEARCH YOU DUMB IDIOTS ! They're public figures, Romero and Lo Celso played for Spurs before, HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT THEY JUST CAME FROM ENGLAND??? How could the Argentinian FA not know that they needed to be quarantined? It's all a complete farce, and it's Spurs (and Villa) who suffer the consequences through no fault of their own...

The Argentinian FA knew about it, the Brazilian FA knew about it, the Brazilian health authorities knew about it (one could just check the date of their last Spurs game to find out)....and yet some Spurs fans believe that Lo Celso & Romero would invent a lie about it believing no-one would find out about it and risking Argentina losing the game for fielding ineligible players :cautious: 😁
Exactly, this is spot on.

What is being alleged here exactly?
That Romero and Lo Celso were trying to hide the fact they had recently been in England?
It's obviously just a paperwork error, which the Brazilians tried to take advantage of by causing chaos during the game.

Take a deep breath. I am not saying I know whether the 2 Spurs players lied or not but I doubt Lo Celso & Romero would be so stupid as to lie about their whereabouts. It was already well-known that they had spent time in the UK within the last 14 days; so I doubt they personally lied about it.
This is a mess that's caused by several totally indept "groups"/associations/gov. officials. And it would have been humorous if it weren't for the 2 Spurs players involved.
PS! It does not make sense that the health authorities, who are pushing the vaccine so strongly, do not trust people who are fully vaccinated. Isn't the vaccine working after all then or?
Are the Brazilians pushing the vaccine strongly, last I heard it was half hearted at best.

Is Romero in prison?
world louis GIF

Makes later PCR test safer.

I don't blame Romero and Lo Celso at all to be honest. To argies, as it should be to everyone in the world, getting invited to play for the NT is the biggest privilege in the world, and the proudest moment for any football player. This is all on FIFA, CONMEBOL, The Argentinian FA and the Brazil authorities. How fucking inept can the brazillian authorities be?
"The players lied about where they were previously". WELL YOU COULD'VE MADE 2 SECONDS OF RESEARCH YOU DUMB IDIOTS ! They're public figures, Romero and Lo Celso played for Spurs before, HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW THAT THEY JUST CAME FROM ENGLAND??? How could the Argentinian FA not know that they needed to be quarantined? It's all a complete farce, and it's Spurs (and Villa) who suffer the consequences through no fault of their own...

There's no "Tottenham Hotspur" city in the UK based on my research. Easy to miss to be fair.

I believe (and could be wrong) that the players from the UK did not declare that they arrived from the UK but lied about their original Country of origin.

If true it's falsification of a travel document, it's not for the Brazilian authorities to trace where they came from it's the fact that allegedly those players lied.

If this is true it's the players and their advisers that are inept.

I believe (and could be wrong) that the players from the UK did not declare that they arrived from the UK but lied about their original Country of origin.

If true it's falsification of a travel document, it's not for the Brazilian authorities to trace where they came from it's the fact that allegedly those players lied.

If this is true it's the players and their advisers that are inept.
I doubt that they would have any part of filling in forms and arranging visa's etc.

Back
Top Bottom