Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dele was asked on his Instagram live who is ‘the most skilful player’ is at Spurs.

He said: “The most skilful player at Spurs?

“It’s Stevie Bergwijn. I would give it to Stevie. Then I am a close second.”

:levywhoa:
Now if he could somehow translate whatever he is doing to dele in training into something on the pitch.

Some one on here said don't judge any player until the Mourinho tax was removed. After I stopped giggling I realised he was 100% right. Then I heared a United fan say he had them believing that none of their players were any good. Or he turned the hood ones into defensive clones of what they were. Sounds alot like Bergwijn.
Jose had Gareth Bale playing as an auxiliary right back ffs - your point is spot on re tax.

Bergwijn is gonna shine this season IMO, much nicer footballer than the erratic Lucas

Yep, definitely not for me this guy. Just so basic and percentage with everything he does. Not offensive enough, too cagey and risk-averse.

As much as Lucas can infuriate me at times, I'd rather see him out there and of course Gill looks exciting.

Last edited:
He had his worse game for us this season so far (not that he was awful), that's not a reason to start slagging him off, he's generally been decent.

I prefer him over Lucas, but the reality is neither is good enough especially if we have to play Stevie B on the left and force Son over to the right.

He had a fine game but not enough, especially end product.

I prefer him over Lucas, but the reality is neither is good enough especially if we have to play Stevie B on the left and force Son over to the right.

He had a fine game but not enough, especially end product.

That was probably my biggest hang-up today.........

Not sure what Nuno expects Stevie to do that Lucas won't; so much that we have to not play Son on his strongest side.

That was probably my biggest hang-up today.........

Not sure what Nuno expects Stevie to do that Lucas won't; so much that we have to not play Son on his strongest side.

I wonder if he preferred Lucas as a sub versus Bergwijn and/or if he wanted to use this game against Watford to try and get Bergwijn going.

I wonder if he preferred Lucas as a sub versus Bergwijn and/or if he wanted to use this game against Watford to try and get Bergwijn going.

I guess he had his reason(s); I just hope it's not a trend.

Sonny is versatile, but he's blatantly most lethal cutting in and shooting from the left.

Can only be good for his confidence. Definitely showing more this season than last, in much better shape, still needs to kick on another few gears.

He's Steven Bergwijn not Lionel Messi...I'm happy that he's at least getting skill of the day stuff...
Yep, still good. However I feel like this year is a big year for him. He needs to add end product to his game, as if he doesn't this season.. then I think we will be in the market for another player in his position in the next few transfer windows.

He didn't do much in his time on the pitch in a 4-0 win tbh.
I don't think that's fair, he had a good game. Won the ball back and set up the penalty foul. Put in the ball that Berghuis nodded back for Depay. Set up a good chance Berghuis should have scored from but air-kicked. His shooting is the one big mark against him, I never have faith he's going to score. Just puts his foot through the ball.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom