Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He looks so much fitter and faster this season. He still lacks confidence in front of goal but I thought he had a very good game today. If he can stay fit then I see him having a very good season.

He's lively, he works hard. But neither him or Lucas are really good enough. We need another ruthless finisher with pace to play in a front 3 with Son and Kane. Fuck knows who, but going on the first two games and how we have set up to play, it'd make a big difference to have that Liverpool type front 3 where any one of them can hurt you. We have 2 out of 3 for our front 3.

Still a very frustrating attacking performance from him. Does everything to get to the final moment then absolutely fucks it up.That bit of skill was sublime though.

He works hard, sure.
He is decent at keeping the ball and in technical areas, sure. Not great, decent.

I think Adama really showed him and Lucas up. We are just levels below in that department compared to the T4 teams that we are aiming to chase. They have so many explosive players that can punish you if given space. We are toothless without Kane and Son.

Is he great at take ons/1v1 dribbling ability? Nope. The skill on the sideline today is one of the few times he's pulled that off in 18 months at the club.

Is he a great finisher or playmaker? Nope. He has 1 goal in his last 25 appearances playing alongside two of the most prolific players in the league. It's easy to recall a handful of big chances he's wasted in his time here.

He looks so much fitter and faster this season. He still lacks confidence in front of goal but I thought he had a very good game today. If he can stay fit then I see him having a very good season.
He seems more settled as well. He and Dele seem to have found each other. And if you are doing well off the pitch then it gets easier to perform on it.

Back
Top Bottom