Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bergwijn was really good yesterday and will be useful this season. The speed at which he, son and moura counter attacked was scary.
He definitely has his uses and works as part of this mobile attacking 3 but his finishing is just woeful.

Son is the only consistent scorer in that front 3 and that's not sustainable over a season.

Bergjwin likely to drop out when Kane returns/is replaced by Vlahovic

For those negative Nancy’s saying he is not good enough because he missed a sitter today (it was A good chance but not a sitter with a keeper rushing out at you) I saw City miss better chances today. Mahrez slip with the goal at his mercy anyone?

I mean, I’ve seen Kane miss countless chances when he is one on one with the keeper. He doesn’t score each time.

give the kid a break. He did good today. He will have worse days for sure, but today he should bask in being a major contributor to a fabulous win.

I agree that he had a good game and was a willing runner but it was a shocking miss and it’s happened before against the Dippers last season

Sissoko has had similar misses and got pelters quite rightly

It’s an aspect of Steve’s game that he has to work on as his shit from inside the penalty area wasn’t even on target and it could have cost us later

No way were they going to come back from two goals down

But he’s certainly worth persevering with as he’s still only 24 and we’ll see what Nuno can do with him

He definitely has his uses and works as part of this mobile attacking 3 but his finishing is just woeful.

Son is the only consistent scorer in that front 3 and that's not sustainable over a season.

Bergjwin likely to drop out when Kane returns/is replaced by Vlahovic
yes he probably will but i'd rather see these electric counter attacks.

Agree that his finishing has been lacking but I'd give him some more time. can only remember that chance against liverpool and yesterdays miss as his important misses. If he stays in this system I am sure he will score a lot and at the very least he will create a lot of chances for the others.

also dele has goals in him. lucas the way he is used under nuno should also have 10+ goals in him if he plays the full season.

I agree that he had a good game and was a willing runner but it was a shocking miss and it’s happened before against the Dippers last season

Sissoko has had similar misses and got pelters quite rightly

It’s an aspect of Steve’s game that he has to work on as his shit from inside the penalty area wasn’t even on target and it could have cost us later

No way were they going to come back from two goals down

But he’s certainly worth persevering with as he’s still only 24 and we’ll see what Nuno can do with him
would have been nice if he scored it but was hardly a shocking miss. should he have used his right? maybe but was city defenders coming that side. could have done better but was just a fraction away.

not at all like sissoko because sissoko just hits it, usually scuffs it, and doesn't seem to even attempt to place the ball anywhere.

bergwijn in his misses has showed that he sees where to put it. unfortunately his precision has been off by a few centimetres but that is something that he can turn around.

would have been nice if he scored it but was hardly a shocking miss. should he have used his right? maybe but was city defenders coming that side. could have done better but was just a fraction away.

not at all like sissoko because sissoko just hits it, usually scuffs it, and doesn't seem to even attempt to place the ball anywhere.

bergwijn in his misses has showed that he sees where to put it. unfortunately his precision has been off by a few centimetres but that is something that he can turn around.
It’s more than a few centimetres

World class strikers bury those in their sleep

As I said on the match thread Dele would have probably scored that

As for Sissoko I was just comparing the similarities in that a professional footballer going for goal with just the keeper to beat and not managing to get it on target

Both unacceptable imv

6 goals in 52 appearances? And doesn’t track back as much.
Better than the 4 from Bergwijn, and in a shit Newcastle team. He was also out for ages due to Covid. I watched the whole game vs West Ham and he worked his ass off whilst also terrifying the Hammers defence. It’s a left field suggestion for sure, but he will leave the Geordies and become a star for someone.

Nowhere near good enough for a club wanting to get anywhere. Certainly not as a starter. He has a good attitude and doesn't hide. He just has little to no end product, and his goals and assists to games ratio for us is pretty shocking it has to be said.

Better than the 4 from Bergwijn, and in a shit Newcastle team. He was also out for ages due to Covid. I watched the whole game vs West Ham and he worked his ass off whilst also terrifying the Hammers defence. It’s a left field suggestion for sure, but he will leave the Geordies and become a star for someone.
In a shit Newcastle team where you’re playing almost every game, Bergwijn 4 goals are in 36, how many did he start and last season he was virtually a wing back Jose played him so deep , I watched the whole game vs City and he worked his ass off. The Newcastle lad isn’t an upgrade

In a shit Newcastle team where you’re playing almost every game, Bergwijn 4 goals are in 36, how many did he start and last season he was virtually a wing back Jose played him so deep , I watched the whole game vs City and he worked his ass off. The Newcastle lad isn’t an upgrade

I want a forward who offers more than working hard and tracking back. You should too.

Nowhere near good enough for a club wanting to get anywhere. Certainly not as a starter. He has a good attitude and doesn't hide. He just has little to no end product, and his goals and assists to games ratio for us is pretty shocking it has to be said.
1 goal, 2 assists in 4 league apps since we booted Jose. Agree, he's not a top four level starter, but he's a good player in much better physical condition this year than he was last.

1 goal, 2 assists in 4 league apps since we booted Jose. Agree, he's not a top four level starter, but he's a good player in much better physical condition this year than he was last.
Great point - everyone deserves a chance apart from Winks, Sissoko and Aurier

Back
Top Bottom