Steven Bergwijn

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The trouble is can you have 2 of your front 3 be ball-playing challenged like that?

We didn’t need the defense unlocking ball today, as everything was coming on streaming counterattacks.

We’ll need a different element against other opponents.
A committed Kane to replace Stevie might offer the best balance, with what we have.

Similar resources from last season, but such different effect.

Huh? That's not even close to true.

Bergwijn is two months shy of 24 and has 4 goals in all comps across a year and a half at Spurs.

Two months shy of his 24th birthday Kane was wrapping up his third 20 goal PL season.
At 23 .... but thanks for being negative on such a positive day ... guess you just can't help yourself looking for the negative in everything. Be happy even if it's just for a week.

For those negative Nancy’s saying he is not good enough because he missed a sitter today (it was A good chance but not a sitter with a keeper rushing out at you) I saw City miss better chances today. Mahrez slip with the goal at his mercy anyone?

I mean, I’ve seen Kane miss countless chances when he is one on one with the keeper. He doesn’t score each time.

give the kid a break. He did good today. He will have worse days for sure, but today he should bask in being a major contributor to a fabulous win.

At 23 .... but thanks for being negative on such a positive day ... guess you just can't help yourself looking for the negative in everything. Be happy even if it's just for a week.
Don't think he is negative expecting more. Steven has to step it up no doubt.

For those negative Nancy’s saying he is not good enough because he missed a sitter today (it was A good chance but not a sitter with a keeper rushing out at you) I saw City miss better chances today. Mahrez slip with the goal at his mercy anyone?

I mean, I’ve seen Kane miss countless chances when he is one on one with the keeper. He doesn’t score each time.

give the kid a break. He did good today. He will have worse days for sure, but today he should bask in being a major contributor to a fabulous win.
Problem is if we want to be relevant we probably need better players than him. He was decent today.

Bollocks. We beat the best team in the country yesterday and that means we can beat anyone. City are the ones who didn't win and go into their next match 3 points behind all of their title rivals.

No arguing with that although I am not quite sure it equates to we can beat anyone although it's true as a statement of possibility.

What is also true is that City will beat more teams than us o we a season

They didn't win yesterday though and that was wonderful to see.

Played really well and worked so hard, but flipping heck he really needs to work on his finishing!

And Im sure he will. Its the old adage, isnt it? You'd rather he was was in those positions to miss than not at all.

He has shown he can finish, he is working hard for the team, played a big part yesterday - I think if we stick with him he could reward that patience.

I do believe there is a player in there

I think he will always be mainly a squad player but you need decent players willing to do that & sit on the bench for the most important games. Always works hard & gives his all. 7 out of 10 player.

I think the problem is the circumstances for a lot of his missed chances.
Kane might well miss 2 but also score.

If feels like Bergwijn will get 1 good chance per match and more often than not, misses it. And it could often be a deciding factor on the game.

Back
Top Bottom