Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you look back through this thread you will see that I don't think he's good enough,however, he wasn't the reason we lost today and off the top of my head kane,emerson,Davies,tanganga(stupid sending off) were all more of the cause we lost today than winks was.
There's a dozen reasons why we lost today. I'm not blaming him for this particular game. The point is he's nowhere near the standard needed and yet he keeps being selected. It's like the old saying about the definition of insanity..doing the same thing over and again and expecting a different result.

If you keep picking Winks, we'll continue to be shit. That's basically now a proven case.

The fact that the likes of Winks are still here, nicking a living, is a problem - thanks Levy.

He himself wasn't really the problem for today's game though, more the system we were trying to play.

Does it ever work when managers try and be too clever? Son and Bergwijn were out, so Gil or Scarlett should probably have been plugged into the team instead. Dier getting injured and Davies being a cunt are things Nuno gets a pass on though.

Maybe he just performs much better in training, than in the real games.

I don't see why he is selected so much.. but the coaches and managers must be seeing something on the training ground in order to select him.

Maybe he has some sort of performance anxiety.. a bit like me when I am smashing a lady...
Nah. Posted this before, but I have seen him play really badly in training before we played that game vs W Ham, where he ended up costing us 2 points.

Funny thing is he pulled the exact same shit in training as he did during the game. I kid you not.

They don’t see anything good. He’s just available and has “experience.”

Winks no worse than Dele, Skipp, Hojbjerg today. The set-up aided nobody and I put it on the manager more than the players. Not good from him either though, needs to be so much braver with the ball.

download.jpg
Sums us up. Ndombele needs to man up, the cheeky sod. All that ability and it’s all amounting to fuck all.

Winks wasn't the problem today. He had a good game. Playing a midfield of peh,skipp,dele,winks was the issue. Zero creativity.

I am not sure he had a good game but he didn’t have a bad game and was better than a lot of our players today for sure.

He wasn’t the problem individually but his lack of passing, progression, creativity is representative of the issues we have as a team, in particular the MF, overall.

Winks wasn't the problem today. He had a good game. Playing a midfield of peh,skipp,dele,winks was the issue. Zero creativity.
But that's why winks is in there. Whilst he made no glaring mistakes he offered nothing going forward. The fact is we only have the likes of ndombele to choose from. If he's fit enough to be on the bench, he should be playing.

Winks no worse than Dele, Skipp, Hojbjerg today. The set-up aided nobody and I put it on the manager more than the players. Not good from him either though, needs to be so much braver with the ball.
He's meant to be the creative player. Why do you mean he is no worse then dele skip hojbjerg. Dele is starting go wandering aimlessly and winks gets the ball and goes back of sideways. Right now both of them are passengers

The moment I saw that team sheet, I knew the best we could hope for was a draw and I think that’s what Nino was hoping for today. Winks works hard no doubt but he is a class below where we need to be. Almost no forward passes and his long ball is atrocious. There was a few times where he had the opportunity to get to our full backs who were in tones of space but the pass made it no where near.

I’ve never really bad mouthed Winks because he’s one of our own and I’ve never expected him to be a starter but unfortuently, he’s not even bench warmer quality. He’s had enough time now. Because of the English factor, we might get between 10-15m for him. We should be using that money elsewhere

I am not sure he had a good game but he didn’t have a bad game and was better than a lot of our players today for sure.

He wasn’t the problem individually but his lack of passing, progression, creativity is representative of the issues we have as a team, in particular the MF, overall.
I just don't like the idea of people saying today he was the reason we lost. He is not the first one my anger is directed at. I think this defeat is more on the manager than what winks did in the game.

I just don't like the idea of people saying today he was the reason we lost. He is not the first one my anger is directed at. I think this defeat is more on the manager than what winks did in the game.

He certainly wasn't the reason we lost and arguably the "best" MFer we had today, not because he was good but because everyone else was so bad.

He's meant to be the creative player. Why do you mean he is no worse then dele skip hojbjerg. Dele is starting go wandering aimlessly and winks gets the ball and goes back of sideways. Right now both of them are passengers
Winks is a decent keep-ball player, not a creative player. No progressive passing or carrying from him, Skipp or Hojbjerg today. He wasn't any worse than the rest of them, they shouldn't have been played together to start with. Would have been better with Gil or Bergwijn instead of Dele.

Winks is an experienced player now, but when the going gets tough it's like he's hoping the ball doesn't come to him. And when he does get it he just wants the safest pass. He seems to be playing with a lot of fear and maybe lacks the spirit/mental toughness needed. People might say his confidence is shot, but guys like Dele and Dier, players who have also had plenty of criticism, at least don't hide in the game.

Back
Top Bottom