Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really cannot understand the constant and numerous critical comments on this thread. Winks is behind Holjberg, Skipp, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele. However today Lo Celso not available, Dele needed further forward and Ndombele still not played. Therefore he played and was part of a very poor team performance but only part. When he went off whilst we only had 10 players was when the goals went in and not whilst he was playing.
He must play Thursday but hopefully will not be needed against Chelsea. I really cannot understand the constant repetitive detrimental comments about him. There was a comment although I cannot recall from who a few weeks back that we were better playing with 10 men than having Winks. Clearly not because that is what happened and Spurs supporters should stop the constant criticism and accept that it is not for the want of trying and he no longer is first choice.
I agree overall, but wish he could have been moved on already.
He's the definition of average and is surely destined for a 'Norwich' before too long.

However I feel a lot more frustrated with the £100m pair of Lo Celso and Ndombele that have had barely any overall impact since they started, and as usual are not available/fit/in form. If they were doing what they are supposed to Winks would never need to start in the league.

Feck me, the obsession.
I really cannot understand the constant and numerous critical comments on this thread. Winks is behind Holjberg, Skipp, Ndombele, Lo Celso and Dele. However today Lo Celso not available, Dele needed further forward and Ndombele still not played. Therefore he played and was part of a very poor team performance but only part. When he went off whilst we only had 10 players was when the goals went in and not whilst he was playing.
He must play Thursday but hopefully will not be needed against Chelsea. I really cannot understand the constant repetitive detrimental comments about him. There was a comment although I cannot recall from who a few weeks back that we were better playing with 10 men than having Winks. Clearly not because that is what happened and Spurs supporters should stop the constant criticism and accept that it is not for the want of trying and he no longer is first choice.
Arcspace actually said he hoped we lose yesterday because Winks started.

I said before the season if Winks is still here in September you can write the season off. I stand by that.

It's a fucking disgrace that such an abysmal footballer is allowed to steal a living at this club. That is a guaranteed way to have a shit football team. Keep allowing terrible footballers like Winks to exist here year after year.

I can see his little fan-club on here defending him and that's fine. Enjoy watching us finishing 10th-14th and doing fuck all every season because if we keep players like Winks around that is EXACTLY what will happen.

Feck me, the obsession.

Arcspace actually said he hoped we lose yesterday because Winks started.
No need to hope, starting Winks is almost a guarantee we'll lose to any half-decent team we play.

He is a fucking dog-shit, useless footballer. When are people going to get that into their heads? When you play shit footballers, you get a shit team. Shit teams lose football matches.

It's not fucking rocket science.

No need to hope, starting Winks is almost a guarantee we'll lose to any half-decent team we play.

He is a fucking dog-shit, useless footballer. When are people going to get that into their heads? When you play shit footballers, you get a shit team. Shit teams lose football matches.

Especially in centre midfield - you can carry a dog shit full back in an attacking side, but when you ignore the last three seasons of shit and play this div in the engine room of the side, you lose

Yet Poch, Mourinho and Nuno start him.
But, what do they know?

This is the mentality of Levy and Hitchen. When fans share that mentality we are absolutely fucked.

Enjoy finishing mid-table because with that mindset it's exactly where we'll end up.
you realize he is a back up for a 3 mid spot that means he is behind locelso tanguy hojberg skipp Sarr and even gil if he can play midfield i clearly did not say starter or sub he is a reserve so dont come and question my mind set sir please and thanks

you realize he is a back up for a 3 mid spot that means he is behind locelso tanguy hojberg skipp Sarr and even gil if he can play midfield i clearly did not say starter or sub he is a reserve so dont come and question my mind set sir please and thanks
He's not behind Tanguy or Sarr (who doesn't actually play for us). Gil plays in a totally different position. He's started 2 of our last 4 games and been on the bench for the other 2. The last time we were in a Cup Final, the idiot in charge decided to start him for that as well. He's very much part of the first team.

Having garbage like Winks as first-team regulars is one of the reasons we've deteriorated as a club and will continue to do so. Something some of our fans seem to be perfectly content with.

He's not behind Tanguy or Sarr (who doesn't actually play for us). Gil plays in a totally different position. He's started 2 of our last 4 games and been on the bench for the other 2. The last time we were in a Cup Final, the idiot in charge decided to start him for that as well. He's very much part of the first team.

Having garbage like Winks as first-team regulars is one of the reasons we've deteriorated as a club and will continue to do so. Something some of our fans seem to be perfectly content with.

He is 5th or 6th choice CM (subject to Ndombele's ego)..... Let's not pretend otherwise.

If he were at Roman FC he'd either have been loaned 10x by now, or sold already. It's why our club will never be successful, we're not ruthless with our shitters like Winks, Doherty and the lot...

If he were at Roman FC he'd either have been loaned 10x by now, or sold already. It's why our club will never be successful, we're not ruthless with our shitters like Winks, Doherty and the lot...
Winksyboy the biggest shitter of them all

Unashamed wage thief

Back
Top Bottom