Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lads the problem is not Kane, it’s a lack of creativity in midfield. Yesterday we had no one making that quality forward pass or decent ball in from the wings. We had three workhorses in that midfield and nothing more
So without Kane starting we beat City, Wolves
But now that our 'star talisman' is back our form just falls off a cliff?
Isn't he supposed to improve the team in one way or another?

Unfortunately our sniper is camping out somewhere on the beach in Normandy while the war is being fought at Pearl Harbour

How exactly are you supposed to service a player whose movement is always towards the man with the ball? Watch how 100 year old Ronaldo took his second goal today. Luke Shaw didn’t need a shirt with no. 10 on the back to service Methuselah

So now we're criticising a player for something we've pretty much all agreed he's brilliant at previously when we're winning games and he's getting assist after assist?

So without Kane starting we beat City, Wolves
But now that our 'star talisman' is back our form just falls off a cliff?
Isn't he supposed to improve the team in one way or another?

Top scorer last season. Top assister last season. Our best player last season.

Give your head a wobble for fucks sake.

So now we're criticising a player for something we've pretty much all agreed he's brilliant at previously when we're winning games and he's getting assist after assist?
That was literally for a span of 10 games last season where Jose found a tactical loophole and Son was making crazy runs and finishing everything sprayed his way. We can't rely on Kane getting assists - those 10 games last season was more or less a fluke as we were #1 in the tables as well.

That was literally for a span of 10 games last season where Jose found a tactical loophole and Son was making crazy runs and finishing everything sprayed his way. We can't rely on Kane getting assists - those 10 games last season was more or less a fluke as we were #1 in the tables as well.

You don't fluke 10 or so games.

Top scorer last season. Top assister last season. Our best player last season.

Give your head a wobble for fucks sake.
Last season we played Harry Kane ball so he put up stats - agreed. If everything is played through a player and that player has full authority to do anything on the pitch, that player will put up stats

But... we finished 7th so it's clear as day that playing Harry Kane ball is not the way to go if we want to become a fast/dynamic/unpredictable team and get anywhere as a team.

If our goal is to make sure Harry puts up stats, then fine, don't ever drop him and keep playing the same way. But if we want to win, we have to go a different direction. Playing Harry Kane ball is not a winning strategy.

Last season we played Harry Kane ball so he put up stats - agreed. If everything is played through a player and that player has full authority to do anything on the pitch, that player will put up stats

But... we finished 7th so it's clear as day that playing Harry Kane ball is not the way to go if we want to become a fast/dynamic/unpredictable team and get anywhere as a team.

If our goal is to make sure Harry puts up stats, then fine, don't ever drop him and keep playing the same way. But if we want to win, we have to go a different direction. Playing Harry Kane ball is not a winning strategy.

Well he's our best player. At least when he's fully fit. So let's play Harry Kane Ball again, at least until we get some more quality players in. If that happens.

so basically you want to give up a one in a generation talent for spurs because our last two coaches don't know how to fit him in the team dynamic, which for your info Poch was very successful at.

mean bradley cooper GIF

Well he's our best player. At least when he's fully fit. So let's play Harry Kane Ball again, at least until we get some more quality players in. If that happens.
He's our best striker but not our best/most important player - that would be Son

As long as Son is on the pitch, we have a chance - only player that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win it for us

He's our best striker but not our best/most important player - that would be Son

As long as Son is on the pitch, we have a chance - only player that can grab the game by the scruff of the neck and win it for us

Let's not pretend like Son hasn't gone missing at times. And it's no coincidence his very best form has come when Kane has been in the team and on his game.

Kane is a better player than Son, with both at their best. Certainly more complete, it shouldn't even be a debate.

He’s pretty good at kicking a ball whenever he finds time and space. Unfortunately it’s only against quality teams like Pacos de Ferreira and Andorra he finds that time and space

Since we, as a team, can’t apply any sorts of pressure on our opponents with Kane on the pitch he just becomes useless. The wrong Harry was subbed off yesterday

You don't fluke 10 or so games.
Haha then you should acknowledge that we're better without Kane in the line up as long as Son is playing.

In the 30+ matches or so that we've played without Kane over the past 3 seasons, our record/results are better without Kane as long as Son is there.

If 10 games is not a fluke, 30+ games is definitely not a fluke lol

I could post the stats again but I don't want to get Sin Binned.

Last edited:
Haha then you should acknowledge that we're better without Kane in the line up as long as Son is playing.

In the 30+ matches or so that we've played without Kane over the past 3 seasons, our record/results are better without Kane as long as Son is there.

If 10 games if not a fluke, 30+ matches is definitely not a fluke lol

I could post the stats again but I don't want to get Sin Binned.

Stats can be misleading. But I never once said we can't win games without Kane anyway.

But there isn't a side around that would prefer to play us with Kane in the side than without. Don't be a numpty. I'm even more baffled by your dislike of our best player for the last God knows how many years than I am about your constant hard on for a lazy, average player.

He’s pretty good at kicking a ball whenever he finds time and space. Unfortunately it’s only against quality teams like Pacos de Ferreira and Andorra he finds that time and space

Since we, as a team, can’t apply any sorts of pressure on our opponents with Kane on the pitch he just becomes useless. The wrong Harry was subbed off yesterday

No words. Seriously. Some people here are clearly just on a wind up.

I'm not gonna keep biting and taking the bait.

Stats can be misleading. But I never once said we can't win games without Kane anyway.

But there isn't a side around that would prefer to play us with Kane in the side than without. Don't be a numpty. I'm even more baffled by your dislike of our best player for the last God knows how many years than I am about your constant hard on for a lazy, average player. One no top side would go near.
Haha Kane is not our best player. Zero chance he is. Get that through your head. He might be our best goal scorer when he's in the box and gets balls delivered to his feet but that's all.

Without Son, we lose to Dinamo 3-0 and get dominated by CP

Without Kane, we convincingly beat City and then beat Wolves this season despite all the drama surrounding Kane's diva antics. Oh, and we also make the Champions League final.

This is no knock on Kane. I still think he's a great striker, just not for our squad.

Last edited:
Haha Kane is not our best player. Zero chance he is. Get that through your head. He might be our best goal scorer when he's in the box and gets balls delivered to his feet but that's all.

Without Son, we lose to Dinamo 3-0 and get dominated by CP

Without Kane, we convincingly beat City and then beat Wolves this season despite all the drama surrounding Kane's diva antics. Oh, and we also make the Champions League final.

Convincingly?

Nice troll attempt, kid.

His market value is 75 million + add ons which is probably in line with his age and overall ability etc.

A lot of fanboys overrate him but clearly teams with money don't rate him as highly

He was our best player only last season. As I've said before, you're about as much of a Tottenham fan as Piers Morgan at the end of the day. Probably one of those weird Son supporters that are fucking annoying.

Back
Top Bottom