Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure if this has been mentioned but we could, if we wanted, play the Croatia Three in this game.

Their quarantine prevents them from entering Britain, not France

Don't we run the risk that a UK health official noticing that the rest of our squad have been in contact with the players coming from a red list country within 10 days - and even a repeat of the Brazil-Argentina scenes but this time at Chelsea where a zealous health official pulls Spurs players off he pitch ?

Otherwise quite like the idea to start or put on bench

Don't we run the risk that a UK health official noticing that the rest of our squad have been in contact with the players coming from a red list country within 10 days - and even a repeat of the Brazil-Argentina scenes but this time at Chelsea where a zealous health official pulls Spurs players off he pitch ?

Don't think so, presumably our players could have quarantined in any country that doesn't have restrictions coming from Argentina/Colombia/Brazil etc. - France, Spain...

That said, I'm not sure of restrictions affecting players who have been in France in the last 10 days

Don't know why they picked Croatia, could be all sorts of reasons

I get your point, but what about all those french blokes we'll be facing?

Most of the Arg & Brazilian players will be playing in Europe this week.

Such entanglement in football travel will inevitably lead to such contradictions, but that's not to say I take for granted us not falling foul to any regulations.

On would hope the club would ask the necessary questions before making any decisions.

Don't think so, presumably our players could have quarantined in any country that doesn't have restrictions coming from Argentina/Colombia/Brazil etc. - France, Spain...

Don't know why they picked Croatia, could be all sorts of reasons

I'm guessing, they were at less risk of becoming a red zone than Spain or France.

Have I heard right that they are charging 50 quid a ticket. Ridiculous put it at a reasonable 30 and you'll get a much higher attendance.

Have I heard right that they are charging 50 quid a ticket. Ridiculous put it at a reasonable 30 and you'll get a much higher attendance.

No. You heard wrong....

£50 = 3 x ECL home tickets.

So basically twice as cheap as you suggested.

Quarantine busting XI:

Gollini
Japh / Dav(*) / Romero(*) / Davies
Gio / Winks / Ndombele
Lucas(**) / Scarlet / Gil​

(*CB warm up for the Chavs game. Japh & Joe next Thursday.)
(**1st sub off..... Give Stevie a tune up for the remainder if fit.; If not; Clarke on.)

If we can play our South Americans, I'd get them all in the team along with Ndombele, they need game time. Use this match as preparation for Chelsea. IMO, we should try and match Chelsea's system and play 3 at the back. We spent a lot of money on Romero and we paid it based on his performances in a back 3.

gollini
sanchez romero rodon
doherty hojbjerg lo celso davies (assuming Sess is out)
gil ndombele
scarlett
Then for Chelsea, keep the same back 3 and possibly Ndombele in the side if he has a good game v Rennes.

Chelsea lineup:

lloris
sanchez romero rodon
royale hojberg skipp reg
kane ndombele/dele
lucas (assuming son out)​

Surely it is a stretch that the south americans can play?

Would be great if they could though.

Ndombele has to start this you'd have thought. Now or never.

We rarely turn up in these type of European away games so I'm not expecting much.

Fatty Ndombele will likely start, do a couple of nice turns but not a lot else, and then the same few sad acts here will be raving about him and pretending he's our saviour still.

Fatty Ndombele will likely start, do a couple of nice turns but not a lot else, and then the same few sad acts here will be raving about him and pretending he's our saviour still.
michael jackson moonwalk GIF

Back
Top Bottom