Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They probably just took him as a translator.

b43989b6-5137-4cc3-a70d-65d7f77831df_text.gif

It's highly unlikely he will not play an asset like N'Dombele, unless there were seriously key issues with his attitude or application.
We all have to trust that he's making these choices because he isn't showing out in training well enough to justify his inclusion.

some of N'dombele's game is brilliant, but he really does go missing in games, and when you are there to quarterback the the teams momentum and create openings, then he's worse than useless if he isn't putting the effort in.

Looking at Kanes's application as a striker, I would have a serious conversation with the guy and ask him if he wants a complete 10 role, creating chances and dictating play, and ask him to feed the front line - rather than play as an out and out 9.
I'm waiting to see how this all plays out. I'm also praying that his Palace tactics re subs/team choices was a temporary blip. I suppose we're in the ultimate wait and see zone. Very uncomfortable for me and I suspect I'm not alone.

Looking forward to this game.
Couldn't give a toss if Ndombele starts or not but if he does it might be worth a sweepstake as to how many minutes he completes.
Rather see if Markanday is any good and maybe if we have another decent to good defender in the academy.

I'm waiting to see how this all plays out. I'm also praying that his Palace tactics re subs/team choices was a temporary blip. I suppose we're in the ultimate wait and see zone.

This is fair.... In many ways the season starts here (or at least last Sunday), such has been the early season/pre-season disruption at hand. I appreciate the job Nuno has done until this point (and yes that includes the 9/12 points won!); enough to look past a few weeks of what could well prove to have been 'make-shift' football that has yet to meet the standards that Nuno has set for himself (let alone that which we demand of him).

If, in the coming months, the 'entertainment' factor hasn't risen, then those with such gripes would be justified in beginning to raise them, but the bloody-mindedness displayed by the "this is as good as it gets" set so far is excessive to say the least.

Very uncomfortable for me and I suspect I'm not alone.

It needn't be..... If one claims they'll "wait and see", surely the owe it to themselves to find enough patience to see how things unfold. Otherwise they're merely making a mockery of their own "I'm waiting to see how this all plays out." sentiments?

Last edited:
This is fair.... In many ways the season starts here (or last Sunday) such has been the early season/pre-season disruption at hand and I appreciate the job Nuno has done until this point (and yes that includes the 9/12 points won!); enough to look past a few weeks of what could well prove to have been 'make-shift' football that has yet to meet the standards that Nuno has set for himself (let alone that which we demand of him).

If, in the coming months, the 'entertainment' factor hasn't risen, then those with such gripes would be justified in beginning to raise them, but the bloody-mindedness displayed by the "this is as good as it gets" set so far is excessive to say the least.

It needn't be..... If one claims they'll "wait and see", surely the owe it to themselves to find enough patience to see how things unfold. Otherwise they're merely making a mockery of their own "I'm waiting to see how this all plays out." sentiments?
I'm staying in football limbo for the time being. I'd rather be surprised and happy than bitterly disappointed again.

I still think people are undervaluing the automatic Europa bid this competition gives you.

Do we all really think there’s absolutely no chance we finish 7th this year?

Last edited:
I still think people are undervaluing the automatic Europa bid this competition gives you.

Do we all really think there’s absolutely no chance we finish 7th this year?
I think with our squad we have a better chance to aim for top 6th than we do of winning this rubbish. There are 6 group games then knockout rounds and unless we sacrifice the PL we don't have the squad to compete in both.

If you want to win this, we'll need to play our strongest team in the knockout rounds and that will probably mean weaker teams in the PL. Which given the PL is by far the tougher competition will see us getting smashed in the PL and that will be far more damaging.

This thing is a distraction the PL is the bread and butter of our season. We need to focus on that.

Back
Top Bottom