Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not a fan but Ndombele has been our biggest positive tonight by a distance. Decent display and he's put a bit of effort into it by his own poor standards, Him, Son and Kane are our only real quality. Pierre too, though he's more limited.

Ndombele is the only player that has any sort of positive to take from this game. Maybe Kane since he did have that pass to create the first goal, but didn't really have much to do outside of that.

I'm not a fan but Ndombele has been our biggest positive tonight by a distance. Decent display and he's put a bit of effort into it by his own poor standards, Him, Son and Kane are our only real quality. Pierre too, though he's more limited.
Tyler even Stevie wonder sees what he can't do but smart coaches understand this as what he can is on a nother level over what we have. Would I play him over prime Modric Eriksen...fuck no. But over what we have now every bloody game.

I wouldn't hate the result, especially given all our injured (or quarantined) starters, if it weren't for how toothless we look. On both attack and defense.
Hardest match in the group, two injuries to starting attackers, no Romero, Lo Celso or Davinson, Son injured...

Ya, I think I will take a draw at this point, thanks.

Ndombele is the only player that has any sort of positive to take from this game. Maybe Kane since he did have that pass to create the first goal, but didn't really have much to do outside of that.

I thought Kane looked very ordinary, but I believe any striker would have been fighting a losing battle for us tonight. We all know if you actually create chances for him then he'll score.

Tyler even Stevie wonder sees what he can't do but smart coaches understand this as what he can is on a nother level over what we have. Would I play him over prime Modric Eriksen...fuck no. But over what we have now every bloody game.

As long as he puts in a bit of effort he should start every week for us. More so because our other midfielders are largely very ordinary, but clearly he has the most ability of the lot.

They are laughing all the way to the bank
I thought it made sense if Mourinho was going to play him high in possession...but then we never had possession so it basically neutralized everything that made Doherty good at Wolves.

Mourinho hated playing against him, though, so I guess that was good enough for last summer.

Back
Top Bottom