Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not a fan but Ndombele has been our biggest positive tonight by a distance. Decent display and he's put a bit of effort into it by his own poor standards, Him, Son and Kane are our only real quality. Pierre too, though he's more limited.

I could give a shit about the Champions League. What for us to get to final and fuck off again? And if you think the league top 4 isn’t attainable, wait until you have to crack all the teams who ARE in their top4 in every league in Europe.

We’re a month into the season and we’ve no way to finish in the top 4?! Huh? It’s a long season. I’d prefer to bolster what we can do NOW in our own league and see how that plays out rather than going to Bumfuck East in a third rate tournament to *maybe* get a berth in the CL three years from now.

If you don't care about CL then you don't care about success in the league. If we are not good enough to compete in the CL we are not competing for top 4.

Getting CL is by far the best way to have a sustainably good club. The money and the prestige that it brings enables us to bring in quality players.

How many players talked about a lack of CL for not wanting to come here? How many times did Kane complain when we were in the CL?

17 year old came on much later. Gil doesnt look ready for the big league yet though.

La Liga & EL player when we signed him.

He looked bright enough when we had the other seniors up front with him. Certainly no worse than the rest of them.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hate the result, especially given all our injured (or quarantined) starters, if it weren't for how toothless we look. On both attack and defense.

Back
Top Bottom