Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

PEH has shown nothing to indicate he should be captain. He is by far the most overrated player we have in the squad the stupidity that he should be the captain is one of the peak arguments showing the ridiculousness of the views on him.
Loop Trump GIF

PEH has shown nothing to indicate he should be captain. He is by far the most overrated player we have in the squad the stupidity that he should be the captain is one of the peak arguments showing the ridiculousness of the views on him.
Massively this. Can be beyond cowardly with his passing when it’s a tight game, just retreats the ball from middle third back to our centre backs rather than taking responsibility

He'd better be starting on Sunday. Every time he touches the ball he makes something happen.
Just needs to have a more consistent impact on the game. He can disappear for stretches.

Don't think that is all on him as I think the way Mourinho played and how Nuno has started the season can lead to stretches of nothingness where he or any midfielder can't really do much, but he's too good not to be on the ball more.

He was definitely showing for the ball a lot more tonight then he was last season, especially early, and I think that's more Nuno than anything else, which is good.

What are we sacrificing?

And if you want CL football that is the best chance of getting it. We currently have zero shot of finishing top 4 in the league and have zero signs we are willing to build a team to compete for it in the future.
I couldn’t give a shit about the Champions League. What for us to get to the final and fuck off again? And if you think the league top 4 isn’t attainable, wait until you have to crack all the teams who ARE in their top4 in every league in Europe.

We’re a month into the season and we’ve no way to finish in the top 4?! Huh? It’s a long season. I’d prefer to bolster what we can do NOW in our own league and see how that plays out rather than going to Bumfuck East in a third rate tournament to *maybe* get a berth in the CL three years from now.

Back
Top Bottom