Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Need a number 10 in team. Think van der beek would have been adequate. His loss he rejected us and not getting a game man u.

Unless the manager decides he's gonna play a #10 it's pointless.

Our pot of MFs with attacking chops is Dele/Tanguy/Gio..... To some extent our season is in their hands.

Dry is a sort of absolute adjective, it can't really be qualified. Even when you say "a is drier than b", what you mean is that it's less wet.

Essentially, something is either dry or a varying degree of wet

He looks at a level slightly better than winks already. Surely he will end up being better.
As of now, I'm still waiting to see some creativity. Not too hopeful but I'd love to be wrong.

Didn't see the game was there any positives at all
Yep.
Skipp had a good game. More experience for JT. Royal looked in his element.
Solid from Doc. Gil learned life won't be easy in the ECL.
Rodon wasn't bad.
But their 1st goal came after a piss poor challenge by Ndombele and he was poor for their second too IIRC.
Good result in the end. Their crowd got the stomach settlers going but we will smesh them at the Lane.

I said many weeks ago that West Ham had a better squad than us this season and got a shit ton of dislikes. They're a team going in one direction whereas we're doing a fucking crab impersonation at best.

Sideways (at best) and eventually down for WH; don't torture yourself more than necessary.

EL will stretch the hell out of them them this year.... Then their squad will probably get cherry-picked next summer.

Sideways (at best) and eventually down for WH; don't torture yourself more than necessary.

EL will stretch the hell out of them them this year.... Then their squad will probably get cherry-picked next summer.

Well I think they've just made two great signings in Zouma and Vlasic. They finished above us last season and I wouldn't be the least but surprised if they do so again unless Kane and Son can find their best form and quick. They're also a far better footballing side to watch than we are right now. They actually create chances for Antonio week in, week out.

Yep.
Skipp had a good game. More experience for JT. Royal looked in his element.
Solid from Doc. Gil learned life won't be easy in the ECL.
Rodon wasn't bad.
But their 1st goal came after a piss poor challenge by Ndombele and he was poor for their second too IIRC.
Good result in the end. Their crowd got the stomach settlers going but we will smesh them at the Lane.
Doc? Solid? Wat? Even his cross for the 2nd goal was a fluke. Man can't cross a road.

Well I think they've just made two great signings in Zouma and Vlasic. They finished above us last season and I wouldn't be the least but surprised if they do so again unless Kane and Son can find their best form and quick. They're also a far better footballing side to watch than we are right now. They actually create chances for Antonio week in, week out.
Yep, they have a decent bunch of players, have bought well for the last 2 windows and have a clear gameplan where everyone knows their job. They're certainly in a better place than us at the moment.

We were quite shit vs wolves, watford and palace as well as vs this rennie and the first leg of paco. We've been mostly shit. I can see why some arent so optimistic.

"Lacking optimism" is one thing.... Predicting 6 game win-less runs against beatable opponents is something else.

Wouldn't it at least be nice to field our strongest XI (which we've yet to do)?

Yep, they have a decent bunch of players, have bought well for the last 2 windows and have a clear gameplan where everyone knows their job. They're certainly in a better place than us.

It's West Ham, so it can go tits up very quickly. But right now, through gritted teeth you can only admire somewhat what they've done over the last couple of years.

"Lacking optimism" is one thing.... Predicting 6 game win-less runs against beatable opponents is something else.

Wouldn't it at least be nice to field our strongest XI (which we've yet to do)?
Its really upto Nuno to pick the strongest 11. After his scandalous display vs Palace, Im not sure he will.

Back
Top Bottom