Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's really funny seeing the opposition always give him miles of space out there, knowing that he will never do anything useful when he gets the ball.

There were a couple of times tonight when our players almost let out audible sighs after having no alternative but to pass it out to Doherty.

Poor guy has zero confidence, everything he does "creatively" turns to shit and his legs look like they've gone early.

The whole thing is becoming painful to behold.
There was a passage in the first half where Ndombele passed out to Doherty. Doherty pointlessly passed it straight back, killing the forward move. Ndombele looked absolutely disgusted and slapped it straight back again.

There was a passage in the first half where Ndombele passed out to Doherty. Doherty pointlesaly passed it straight back, killing the forward move. Ndombele looked absolutely disgusted and slapped it straight back again.

Should have volleyed both him and the ball back to Ireland.

Skipp, Rodon, Davies, Doherty, Bergwijn, Moura, Deles brother, Ndombele, Lo Celso, none of these players would have gotten anywhere near the team we had just a few short seasons ago.

- Davies played 2/3s of our banner Poch season at LB and still a servicable back-up LB (which is his current role).
- Rodon seems like a perfectly acceptable back-up CB to me (which is his current role)
- Bergwijn is a back-up (room for improvement, but still... Serviceable back-up)
- Ndombele & Lo Celso is a £100m tragic opera.
- Skipp should be back-up or on an EPL loan this year..... Personally, I said all summer we should have sent him back to Norwich.

That only leaves Doherty (dud), Lucas (Should have been upgraded with someone who can score this summer) and Dele's brother (sad decline).

Last edited:
They are better than us in most positions we just have Son and Kane that's it

Truth hurts sometimes. I don't get any joy whatsoever about giving praise and credit to West Ham. But I'm also big enough not to let bias and/or club rivalry get in the way to give a dishonest opinion.

They have a settled starting 11. With everyone fit they know who their best 11 is. We're all over the place with ours.

Hardest match in the group, two injuries to starting attackers, no Romero, Lo Celso or Davinson, Son injured...

Ya, I think I will take a draw at this point, thanks.
Rennes played CL last season and have been a boogey man team for PSG over the years.

They are definitely no slouches.

Gil is not ready royal is useless skipp is useless …. So everybody in the squad is useless except Kane and son and peh the squad can play better I’m telling you they lack a clear identity of play you can see it each time we have played the opposition these players are not being used to their full abilities except winks and Doherty those are just hopeless

You see the difference here.....?

2 top class goal-scorers

vs

Antonio.

:gallashmm:

Anyone that thinks West Ham are just Antonio need to give there heads a serious wobble. And any side would miss their main man up top over a period of games, not just West Ham.

Plus we're garbage without Son anyway to many here.

West Ham are in a far better place than we are right now. That's the cold, hard truth.

Back
Top Bottom