Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sounds like the shit that my dad used to spread on the ham sandwiches every Christmas rendering them inedible
If your dad used this stuff you've probably got an open and shut child cruelty verdict in your favour.

Highlighted bits are comedy gold.

I'm fucking angry how quickly we've turned to shit, I don't want to go back the shit we were served up in the 90's. Does it not fuck some of you off that we now have a worst squad then West fucking Ham?
I think a lot of people are still in the denial phase and really do believe we have a quality squad that was brought down by a footballing dinosaur

They are in for one hell of a rude awakening

Squad is absolute garbage , I'm talking late 90s level of garbage apart from Kane and Son

Of course. Recruitment helps.

But we don’t really look coached. What’s our identity? What’s our attacking plan? Are we ever going to press again? Are we just going to sit in a low or mid block and hope, somehow to get the ball to Kane? Are we looking to play wingbacks? Is our attacking future based around Reguillon and Emerson?

I just see zero direction.

Still early days but it’s hard to disagree. Can’t really see what we are trying to do

I think a lot of people are still in the denial phase and really do believe we have a quality squad that was brought down by a footballing dinosaur

Squad is absolute garbage , I'm talking late 90s level of garbage apart from Kane and Son
I don't think the squad is that bad, one or two key players would make such a massive difference.

It's just for the past three years our tactical nous has relied on "Get the ball to Harry and Sonny"

Then if they are off form, we're fucked

I idn't want this guy as manager & still don't but I can't blame him for only having the players we have available tonight
Doherty must be our worst ever buy
Rodon & Tanga are miles below the level we need at this stage of their lives
Skip should be only getting 20/30 mins a game as he still needs time at this level

I idn't want this guy as manager & still don't but I can't blame him for only having the players we have available tonight
Skip should be only getting 20/30 mins a game as he still needs time at this level
Are you still calling for him to be sacked like after the City game?

If your dad used this stuff you've probably got an open and shut child cruelty verdict in your favour.

Highlighted bits are comedy gold.
To be fair I think it was piccalilli but it still tasted like shit to an 8 year old boy!

Lloris

Trippier
Vertonghen
Alderweireld
Rose

Dier
Dembele
Eriksen

Alli
Son
Kane

Wasn't all that long ago our team often looked like that. And don't forget that both Alli and Dier were brilliant then.

Sad times.

That line-up is like a clash of a couple of different years......

Dier as DM was early days poch.
Son & Tripper came later.

In between we had our best team since way back:

2016/207
Hugo
Walker
(left) / Toby (got old) / Jan (got old) / Rose (broke/sulked)
Wanyama (broke) / Dembele (broke/got old)
Dele (broke/lost his way) / Eriksen
Kane
(broke/turned CAM)​

I don't think the squad is that bad, one or two key players would make such a massive difference.

It's just for the past three years our tactical nous has relied on "Get the ball to Harry and Sonny"

Then if they are off form, we're fucked
Mate it's terrible

Stuffed full of players that have proven themselves inept/bang average at this level

Who do you look at and truly have confidence that they are going to give you a 7 or 8 out of 10 most weeks ?

Kane , Son , Hoijberg maybe , who else ?

Skipp is our 1st choice now, that's how far we've fallen.
This is what I'm talking about when I say It feels like I fell asleep and we had a top top side and now we are chock full of average players. Skipp, Rodon, Davies, Doherty, Bergwijn, Moura, Deles brother, Ndombele, Lo Celso, none of these players would have gotten anywhere near the team we had just a few short seasons ago.

I agree. There is a massive denial of where we are as a club right now. We just don’t have enough technical players on the pitch for one. The squad is a mess and we will need a good few years to sort it out.

Back
Top Bottom