Rennes VS Tottenham Hotspur. Thursday 16th September 17:45 Euro Conf League

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Did you miss his cross that led to our equaliser?
And he was not involved in either of the goals we conceded.
Solid display as per usual for the Doc.
Not great but solid.
No I didn’t miss the cross at all. Have another look at it. You are being dishonest if you can say that it was anything other than very fortunate as it was a poor cross and a defensive fuck up. He was shit and for you to say that he is usually solid shows you are either trolling or you don’t understand football

Well I think they've just made two great signings in Zouma

Is Zouma any better of a signing than Romero?

and Vlasic.

Didn't he previously struggle in the EPL at another club?

They finished above us last season and I wouldn't be the least but surprised if they do so again unless Kane and Son can find their best form and quick. They're also a far better footballing side to watch than we are right now. They actually create chances for Antonio week in, week out.

You said they are only going one way; suggesting upwards.... That's the point I responded to.

How much higher than 6th and no cups do you see them going? ........Honestly.

Methinks you're needlessly wallowing if you think they're going any "higher" (literally or figuratively) than they did last year.

No I didn’t miss the cross at all. Have another look at it. You are being dishonest if you can say that it was anything other than very fortunate as it was a poor cross and a defensive fuck up. He was shit and for you to say that he is usually solid shows you are either trolling or you don’t understand football
Tell me what he did wrong.
Gil put in useless cross after useless cross. Doesn't make him a bad player.
Did they create any problems down our right?
Tell me when Doc caused us a problem tonight.
Oh and his cross resulted in a goal. Fact!

Did you miss his cross that led to our equaliser?
And he was not involved in either of the goals we conceded.
Solid display as per usual for the Doc.
Not great but solid.
You’ve induced me from a casual lurker to my 1st post. AS PER USUAL, are you trolling us all?? Doherty is without question one of the worst players any sensible Spurs fan has seen wear our shirt in recent years - and no that is not hyperbole to make a point. He literally has nothing to his game, dreadful player. Do you mean “solid“ in that he is a solid object that has a base and can stand upright?

Yeh, with FOUR wingers on the shelf even I (who didn't want him) wouldn't say no NOW....

But he wasn't what we needed.

I initially agreed with you but after watching what Nuno looks like he’s going to play traore would have been very useful.

I don’t think he’s useful for how I would like us to play, but for how Nuno IS going to play? I think we do need him.

Anyone that thinks West Ham are just Antonio need to give there heads a serious wobble. And any side would miss their main man up top over a period of games, not just West Ham.

Stop changing the argument.
Stop straw-manning.

It's a comparison of attacking depth and quality... One that YOUR comments provoked... Nothing more.

Plus we're garbage without Son anyway to many here.

So you're turning into KaneDomBadBoy KaneDomBadBoy now to prove a point?

Steady. ;)

West Ham are in a far better place than we are right now. That's the cold, hard truth.

Again.... You're side-stepping the points being made to you.

You essentially said the only way is up for them.

I said it's sideways, lose their best players and down.

Discuss or let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
Tell me what he did wrong.
Gil put in useless cross after useless cross. Doesn't make him a bad player.
Did they create any problems down our right?
Tell me when Doc caused us a problem tonight.
Oh and his cross resulted in a goal. Fact!
He gave the ball away often. His crosses were awful including the one that fortuitously led to the goal. He was easily beaten and was caught on his heels with one cross that led to an attacker getting in front of him to head the ball that fortunately went wide. He really is poor. Wasn’t particularly impressed by Gil either but it is early days for him

He gave the ball away often. His crosses were awful including the one that fortuitously led to the goal. He was easily beaten and was caught on his heels with one cross that led to an attacker getting in front of him to head the ball that fortunately went wide. He really is poor. Wasn’t particularly impressed by Gil either but it is early days for him
Apart from his crosses he did not give the ball away often. I don't think he gave the ball away more than once or twice attempting positive one twos with Harry. His passing was accurate as it normally is.
He had a decent game as he normally does.. Total bullshit to suggest otherwise.

It was a fucking shit cross, going nowhere near any of our players, we were lucky it was deflected into Hojberg's path
Yeah, we were lucky. Just like Lucas' goal was lucky.
You don't win the lottery if you don't buy a ticket.
Doc was not bad tonight.
I have seen worse displays by our RBs and I don't have to stretch my memory far.

You can't pick players who aren't available.

I'm assuming Son & Romero are in your prefered XI?

Preferably no injured keeping Lucas out?

Gio as an option on the bench or even starting?
He played the worlds blandest most uncreative midfield trio of skipp, peh and winks and thought it was so good he didnt make a sub at half time. Then said in post match that we were in control. I like nuno, but that was a terrible performance.

Apart from his crosses he did not give the ball away often. I don't think he gave the ball away more than once or twice attempting positive one twos with Harry. His passing was accurate as it normally is.
He had a decent game as he normally does.. Total bullshit to suggest otherwise.
Ok whatever you say. He is a poor player and not the answer to our full back problems. The commentators said that he looks low on confidence which is an argument I’ve heard about him before. But how long does it take for a lack of confidence to last before it becomes apparent to most that his problems are more due to a lack of quality than any confidence issues? Simply not good enough for Spurs

Back
Top Bottom