Matt Doherty

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I said it in the game thread but at this point we need to hope that with dier/Romero/Sanchez/Rondon all hopefully able to do a job at the CB position, Royal and Japh become the top 2 at this position and we basically don’t see Doherty again.

I’ve yet to see him play even an average game and he’s normally the worst player on the field.

They gave him tons of space today as they weren’t even troubled with him creating anything. The good news is he’s also shit at defending.

We cancelled the contract of the wrong RB.

Said over the summer.... I'd have given Serge another year if he'd have accepted.

Some lower table team would have probably given us a few million for Doherty.... Another year of dross from him and the cat will be out of the bag and we'll be left paying him off too.

Last edited:
Just watched the whole game - christ he's poor. He struggles with even the basics. Amazed he's playing at this level.

I think wolves might have done a number on us.... Did anyone think to check to if Matt has any brothers?

:deledoubt:

Could be worse.

We got hoodwinked but it's not 75m for Nicolas Pepe bad.

60m Ndombele + 13m Doherty = Pepe bad?

giphy.gif

Quite possibly the most gormless player I've seen play for us.

Can't think of one thing he does well.
Neither can I

Absolute gash

When he did get forward in a reasonable position and he received the ball his first instinct is to turn round and pass it backwards

Embarrassing player

Back
Top Bottom