Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Antonio Rudiger should have been sent off for deliberately booting the ball hard at Emerson Royce who was on the ground. To do that anytime is a dirty thing to do, but to do that today was EVIL.

Instead of being sent off he scores their 3rd goal. Something is very corrupt in the Premier League.
Dr Evil Whatever GIF

Yes we did but that's normal, they are a good team and going toe to toe and competing with teams like this is what we want. However we didn't deserve a goal. Times we were one on one we just take a safe option and go wide then aren't quick enough to get it in so get closed down and go backwards. It's all so easy for teams and predictable.
PEH is a plodder, twice he had the chance to play men through on goal, twice he passed it to Chelsea players. Son got a tiny tug back, but you can see he shit himself when their keeper rushed out and the less said about El Burro's chance the better.

Add to this the performances by Royal, Dele, Dier and especially Lo Celso and Kane and Chellsea didn't have to be good, they just had to bide their time.

OK, had an hour or so to think.
First half we played well but with little goal threat... Is Kane doing enough?
Second half Tuchel changes things and it works because he is replacing a good player with another good player and changing shape.
We can't do that as our squad is below par and injured.
We also played Thursday in France, Chelsea played Tuesday at home and recovery time is crucial, a luxery we didnt get.
I liked the idea of the team selection, it was attack minded but it needs tweaking.
This is going to be a long season....
That's all bollocks about recovery and even pinning it on Harry. No he's not doing enough but the way we play is no different to all of our games so far. We don't create chances we don't counter quickly enough. We don't use our width/fullbacks. We are just slow and play safe and it's easy to defend against. Yes the line up was perfect but we didn't use it as there is no tactical plan to do so. It's a hopeless mess. What was the point in sacking Jose? We look worse. Even mason would do better then this. We took an ex wolves manager and he looks out of ideas already.

He's exactly the key element we're missing.
For what? Getting the ball, racing off down the wing, crossing it behind everyone and letting the opposition attack us again while we are out of position.

We need fucking steel through the spine, not a one trick show pony who might come good 5 or 6 times a season.

…remember when?...

4 January 2017

Tottenham Hotspur 2

Chelsea 0

“…Spurs moved up to third place as headers from Dele Alli either side of half-time made the difference to leave Chelsea five points ahead of Liverpool in second place. Alli rose to meet Christian Eriksen's cross in first-half stoppage time and the same pair combined to put the game out of Chelsea's reach in the 54th minute…”

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38447903

COYS
Today, Kante ran the show.

Then, ne got monstered and ragdolled like a wee bitch by Wanyama and Dembele.

Meanwhile our midfield today....let's not depress ourselves.

What a mess we are.... what a fraud of a first 3 results that was (Man City, Wolves & Watford must be shaking their heads)

and, above all... and forgive me, but what a JOKE of a tribute that was to Jimmy Greaves that was.... I don't care WHAT rung of the football ladder you are, when one of your greats, if not THE GREATEST Player in your history passes away.... DO yourself a favour and put a shift in for 90 minutes (rather than just 45)

Still, Kane coulda been part of a 0-0 against Southampton yesterday.... or maybe he woulda played better for them!

Fuck me, we were allowed one or two good seasons.... the Leiecster one, and the CL finsl one.... god help us if we DARE go for more than that.... it's just not allowed!

That's all bollocks about recovery and even pinning it on Harry. No he's not doing enough but the way we play is no different to all of our games so far. We don't create chances we don't counter quickly enough. We don't use our width/fullbacks. We are just slow and play safe and it's easy to defend against. Yes the line up was perfect but we didn't use it as there is no tactical plan to do so. It's a hopeless mess. What was the point in sacking Jose? We look worse. Even mason would do better then this. We took an ex wolves manager and he looks out of ideas already.
You are totally wrong on this bit, the rest of it I was asking questions really.

You don't really believe that part do you?

We were cool with him wanting 200m every summer, but have undying dedication a backroom staff that had only been in place since Poch's crew left?

Whoever leaked that idea to the media and whatever their agenda; it's so obviously bullshit.

Levy: "So what will it take.... We've just hired your mate as DOF btw."

Conte: "200 large every summer and we can dance"

Levy: "You sure we can't negotiate on that at all?"

Conte: "Did you not see how swiftly I got the fuck out of Chelski & Inter?"

Levy: "Ok.... Fair enough..... Enjoy the rest of your pizza, Tony"
I believe that was part of it yeah, because Levy knows best and has built this crack team, he couldn't possibly accept someone else knowing better.

But yeah, Conte would also have wanted reasonable financial backing to achieve actual success, which of course was also a big no no.

Ill qualify it with I want a young hungry manager who tries to play attacking football. Someone who actually believes in the motto rather than Nuno who was fed it 2 seconds before the camera rolled. Again though you are researching all these ages etc to start an argument. I don't mind mate. I'll argue.

You really are too much....

You come out of the ether x amount of time ago moaning about me being antagonistic (even though we have next to no history between us)..... You proceed to routinely antagonise me "for fun"; to which I don't bite and just talk straight with you.... You go off on one a couple of days ago moaning about me being "evasive" and straw-manning the shit out of my comments because I won't condone us sacking a manager just 4 games into the season (despite the fact that I openly admit I'm not enamored by him)....

Now you get prissy and moan that I'm looking for an argument when I make a post that merely queries the fairly common notion that we need a "young" manager when in fact all the guys peeps seem to be mention are the same age or older.

Perhaps if you feel silly you should just concentrate on making your point rather than needlessly plumping it up with extra fluff like "young" and "hungry".... Rather than try and turn things back upon me.

You know full well 40s is management young.

Like I just said... It has nothing to do with whether I think 47 is old or young.

Otherwise we're getting into player management territory

Um, what?

I believe that was part of it yeah, because Levy knows best and has built this crack team, he couldn't possibly accept someone else knowing better.

Eh?

But yeah, Conte would also have wanted reasonable financial backing to achieve actual success, which of course was also a big no no.

If you think think we ought to have a £200m per summer trf budget; you're deluded pal.

Chelski pulled the plug on him after no time, yet you think we're able to afford to keep him sweet?

......Come on!

If there's a complaint to be made it's that we wasted too much time trying to finesse him into coming.... It was never gonna happen.

You really are too much....

You come out of the ether x amount of time ago moaning about me being antagonistic (even though we have next to no history between us)..... You proceed to routinely antagonise me "for fun"; to which I don't bite and just talk straight with you.... You go off on one a couple of days ago moaning about me being "evasive" and straw-manning the shit out of my comments because I won't condone us sacking a manager just 4 games into the season (despite the fact that I openly admit I'm not enamored by him)....

Now you get prissy and moan that I'm looking for an argument when I make a post that merely queries the fairly common notion that we need a "young" manager when in fact all the guys peeps seem to be mention are the same age or older.

Perhaps if you feel silly you should just concentrate on making your point rather than needlessly plumping it up with extra fluff like "young" and "hungry".... Rather than try and turn things back upon me.

Like I just said... It has nothing to do with whether I think 47 is old or young.

Um, what?
Give me an hour to go through that. I'm sure it's full of your usual hidden sidesteps and points that you state but then move either way once someone pulls you up about it. You've started the argument tonight because I said I want a young hungry manager. So you go out your way to antagonize by stating mid 40s isn't young. It is young management wise and you know that, but you like to argue. It's fine. I can argue as well.

Back
Top Bottom