The Mighty Spurs - Gooner Scum - Sunday NLD

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd go with a back 5 of Reguilon, Davies, Romero, Tanganga and Emerson. Skipp and Hojbjerg propping up the midfield with Ndombele given a creative role and Kane playing just behind Son. Kane to be subbed off for Moura if he's having one of those days/Moura is actually available.

It won't be pretty. Would go for Davies in the LCB role as seems to do it competently for Wales, but obviously expect either Dier or Sanchez instead.

If we were top of the pile playing well and scoring for fun I’d be apprehensive and fearing the worst but we’re the total opposite nowt to lose so fuck em 2-1 us :thumbup:

I think I'm going to go for strength and commitment over skill...

zZfvxhl.png
Attila is very mobile but I think Stalin can hold the ball up and has a better left foot. This may be controversial, but we need a midfield general, so I’d replace Mao with Thatcher.

Fcuking Sunday games do frustrate me.

Never got completely used to them and can't think of anything that benefits us as a result.

Especially on weeks where we don't need them because we're not playing Thursday. We have to play Sunday so much, on these weeks they should make sure we're on Saturday.

Assuming that Lucas is back, otherwise play Gil. Wasn’t impressed with Romero against Chelsea or Wolves, we need to return to the back 4 that kept clean sheets.

Lloris
Tanganga Davinson Dier Reguilon
Dele Hojbjerg Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son

Ndombele is on thin ice but he’s lucky that Lo Celso has been terrible, no doubt he should drop out first.
Can’t believe you are wary of ndombele but have dele? Surely skipp for dele?

Assuming that Lucas is back, otherwise play Gil. Wasn’t impressed with Romero against Chelsea or Wolves, we need to return to the back 4 that kept clean sheets.

Lloris
Tanganga Davinson Dier Reguilon
Dele Hojbjerg Ndombele
Lucas Kane Son

Ndombele is on thin ice but he’s lucky that Lo Celso has been terrible, no doubt he should drop out first.
Can’t believe you are wary of ndombele but have dele? Surely skipp for dele?
I think the team picks itself based on performances. Go back to 4231.
Defence which kept clean sheets earlier. Japh over Emerson all day.
Skipp MOTM vs Wolves. Next to PEH as 2 DMs to allow Ndombele a free role forward.
Lucas and Son wide assuming both are fit and in their natural positions.
Kane CF

Lloris
Tanganga Sanchez Dier Reguilon
Hojbjerg Skipp
Lucas Ndombele Son
Kane
that is probs my about right which would still a decent bench. No need for dele who really does bigger all.

Feeling this game has a decreasing lack of jeopardy attached to it. Over the last 20 years this game was crucial. If we did not win they could go on to trouble the league. Then over the last 8 years it became a fraught zero sum game where the loser could seriously see their rivals go on to qualify for the champions league.

Now it's a parade of ordinary if we win we could get 6th if Woolwich win they may get 8th. There is no dread or doom that use to make the NLD the most palpable derby in English football.

I hope we win. I think we'll win and I will still celebrate like a bastard if we do. It's just a shame it has lost its edge slightly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom