Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Conte didn't spend 200m at Inter why do people always act like Conte is some sort of cheque book manager to try and excuse Levy not willing to give him his reasonable requests?

Conte didn't spend 200m at Inter why do people always act like Conte is some sort of cheque book manager to try and excuse Levy not willing to give him his reasonable requests?
Conte has only ever lasted a few years in any job he’s ever had. A very prickly character. We’ve had enough Chelsea cast off managers fail here anyway. We didn’t need another one.

Conte has only ever lasted a few years in any job he’s ever had. A very prickly character. We’ve had enough Chelsea cast off managers fail here anyway. We didn’t need another one.

That is a legitimate argument. I think that him and Levy would be a disaster pairing and it likely would be very short term but I would rather have him and take the chance it works out rather than Nuno and knowing it won't work out.

I also think the solution is if Conte and Levy don't work together then get rid of Levy the sad fuck that has won nothing and keep the manager who wins wherever he goes.

And that’s exactly what we must spend for a few years if we want to become competitive again.

We don't have 200m per window to spend.... Sucks to be us (and most other clubs in the world) I guess....

League titles aren’t won by positive net spends.

Not usually; no...... Usually it's the sports washing of dirty oil money and human rights abuse that prevails in our league sadly.

That is a legitimate argument. I think that him and Levy would be a disaster pairing and it likely would be very short term but I would rather have him and take the chance it works out rather than Nuno and knowing it won't work out.

I also think the solution is if Conte and Levy don't work together then get rid of Levy the sad fuck that has won nothing and keep the manager who wins wherever he goes.
We already went for the ‘manager who wins wherever he goes’ with Mourinho and that worked out well. Conte has fallen out very quickly with every chairman he’s worked with and that’s even at teams that were winning leagues and trophies.

We already went for the ‘manager who wins wherever he goes’ with Mourinho and that worked out well. Conte has fallen out very quickly with every chairman he’s worked with and that’s even at teams that were winning leagues and trophies.

Conte has won recently, Jose was clearly past it. They are not comparable in today's game.

The problem isn't so much that we didn't go for Conte it is the reasons for it.

None of what you are talking had any impact on us hiring him. It was that he wanted control that top managers should have. Levy was unwilling to give up control that he should give up.

Doesn't matter who we bring in, as long as Levy had the ultimate say in matters at the club any half decent head coach won't even look at us twice.

Not after the debacle of the last three managers (I'm going to include Nuno in here as the poor bastard already looks out of his depth and in the hot seat)

Always going to come down to one thing, and you can ask yourself the same thing.

Would you want to work for Daniel Levy?

I have.... Like all walks of life; can't spend what you haven't got.

Not spending 200m per window is no reflection on whether the "game is up" or not.
Are you going to spend the whole day here continuing to apologise for Daniel Levy?

And are you still of the naive opinion the idea of a 60k stadium holding multiple other sports and events was to facilitate Daniels dream of competing in the transfer market?

Two reasonable questions I think the forum deserve anwers to

:kaneear:

Not spending 200m per window is no reflection on whether the "game is up" or not.
After 21 years, we're back in the position we were when they took over. Still getting regularly humiliated by our two biggest rivals.
Now looking up the table to West Ham.
Have a cheap Wolves cast off as manager
......And just 1 poxy league cup over 13 years ago to show for it all

Is THAT a fair reflection on wether the game is up or not?

Last edited:
Is it some kind of scientfic law that Conte must spend £200m per year, or is this a bit made up?

Levy will only hire a coach who thinks the squad is fine and just needs a bit of tinkering and the training cones put out in a different pattern. Mourinho talked up the players and was given the job. He soon found out that they weren't all that. Nuno is a nobody, so he will be a yes man.

We know that Conte is very forthright with his views. I suspect that when he met Levy, he told him that the squad needs a big overhaul because we have a lot of crap players and not very many good ones. Levy doesn't want to hear this.

Back
Top Bottom