Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The situation is actually sad now, he put in the work, had a good pre-season, getting regular minutes to trust his body again, but the brutal truth is he needs to be dropped, he's been bad by his own admission and this propaganda the club keep spewing doesn't help in the long run.

“Had a spark when you started, but now you’re just garbage. Fell from top 10 to not mentioned at all”.

I don't want him to be shit though.
:moursad:

It feels like a lot of people want him to be shit.
I thought he was everywhere and tried last night. Every passage of play involved him somewhere in the line.
Just didn't really make anything happen unfortunately.

Lots of things to take into consideration, they played with 5+ players in defence for the first half. Yes, we looked like scoring more in the 2nd half but that could be as much to do with a pub team not being able to run around for very long and then being confronted by Kane, Moura and Son with fresh legs.
Maybe, or maybe not, Dele would have had a similar impact coming on at 60 minutes against a tiring team. Who knows

All I know is our team lost its spark a few years ago. No one excites me anymore and most of them make the same stupid mistakes and bottle big games. But only some of them seem to get serious hate.

Dele doesn't realise you have work at it to be a top level footballer
I think that's part of it, he just got too much too early. Money, England caps, modelling contracts. He thought he'd made it and just lost the desire and motivation needed to improve.

He really needs a new club but Levy probably still thinks he's the next Neymar so we'll never get rid of him.

I think Nuno was trying to keep the dressing room happy as there seem to be a lot of reports about unhappy players in training leaking out lately. Same thing happened with Poch and Jose. Not with Mason though.

We'll know where Nuno's head is at about an hour before kickoff with Villa. Gio has shown enough tonight that he should be playing in his place.
Agreed as long as Gio is in centre midfield

That’s his position

Agreed. Skipp and Hojbjerg behind him and give him some freedom in the centre.
If at any time it’s not working we could sub him off for Ndombelly providing it’s just for 30 minutes and hopefully he can last that!

I haven't minded lo Celso on the right wing but playing a more eriksen winger role, aka creator who plays fairly centrally. Ndombele as the 10 can work well if we give him free roam and limit his defensive duties.

For games where we need to press more and have less possession (top 6 games), Lucas for Ndombele as the 10 role and maybe bring on Ndombele as an auxiliary if we go down and are trying to break open a bus.

So many options. I worry Nuno hasn't experimented all that much.

I haven't minded lo Celso on the right wing but playing a more eriksen winger role, aka creator who plays fairly centrally. Ndombele as the 10 can work well if we give him free roam and limit his defensive duties.

For games where we need to press more and have less possession (top 6 games), Lucas for Ndombele as the 10 role and maybe bring on Ndombele as an auxiliary if we go down and are trying to break open a bus.

So many options. I worry Nuno hasn't experimented all that much.
I’m afraid all the tactics in the world will make little difference. We don’t have the talent or the mentality on this squad to compete with most teams. We need that drive that we saw against City more than tactics. Im afraid we lost that drive as soon as Kane came back

I’m afraid all the tactics in the world will make little difference. We don’t have the talent or the mentality on this squad to compete with most teams. We need that drive that we saw against City more than tactics. Im afraid we lost that drive as soon as Kane came back
Yes but we have a good enough squad to get a tune.

Didn’t he play well in the first three games though? Did our strategy/ line up need to change that he played out of that position and the team subsequently lost? Couldn’t we just revert back to that line up? Kane in for one of the front three?

Didn’t he play well in the first three games though? Did our strategy/ line up need to change that he played out of that position and the team subsequently lost? Couldn’t we just revert back to that line up? Kane in for one of the front three?

No he didn’t play well. He ran around a lot but in terms of being effective he sucked.

It makes me sad to see the player he's become, but I just can't see him getting back anywhere near his best. I think we need to cut the cord, both for his own good and for ours. :(

If after his last couple of performances we see Dele starting today I think it will confirm Nuno is out of touch with reality. But I wouldn’t be surprised to see it to be honest.

Not bringing him on today is really going to hurt his km/game running stats for the season but fingers crossed he gives it that extra bit next game to compensate.

Back
Top Bottom