Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think you need to look at Sunday’s attendance to know the feelings of the Spurs faithful right now. 53,000 turned up, which might seem a lot, but considering our stadium is just under 63,000 seater, that’s nearly 10,000 Spurs fans either not attending or just not purchasing. That’s a lot of supporters and the more this goes on, the worse it will get. I for one am glad we got a lower attendance, as it shows the fan base are slowly getting fed up. The club will know this too and most definitely will be monitoring that attendance Sunday.
I have said before that I personally do not mind paying top prices for things in life if I'm getting a quality product.
And it's the same with spurs paying top money for tickets season or just match day is fine but to justify that we should be competing and winning trophies on a more consistent basis, the bare minimum I would expect is top four otherwise anything else on those prices is underachievement.

I think you need to look at Sunday’s attendance to know the feelings of the Spurs faithful right now. 53,000 turned up, which might seem a lot, but considering our stadium is just under 63,000 seater, that’s nearly 10,000 Spurs fans either not attending or just not purchasing. That’s a lot of supporters and the more this goes on, the worse it will get. I for one am glad we got a lower attendance, as it shows the fan base are slowly getting fed up. The club will know this too and most definitely will be monitoring that attendance Sunday.
2o1Y7ts.png

With all due respect, this isn’t quite true. There are other alternative outcomes, as opposed to be a straight sale…. levy could step down, or sell his stake, ENIC could sell a minority stake, they could borrow to fund a rebuild, employ a new CEO, change strategy etc

This is what I want, a change from the current rudderless in a perpetual cycle of no ambition, leadership, investment or flair
Levy leaving would be a great start. As you say there are lots of ways thing can improve & lots more options than just sell the mess now or we get a rich oil type owner.
It’s similar to the odd argument people keep saying about even if we get a richer better owner, there’s still richer owners who will pip us to the post. As though we may as well finish behind West Ham & in the conference if we don’t win the title.
Probably the Same people who said CL final was a waste of time as we didn’t win it.

We didn’t win anything under poch but obvious was much better days for us all. So going back to that level would be amazing for us compared to where we are now.

I have said before that I personally do not mind paying top prices for things in life if I'm getting a quality product.
And it's the same with spurs paying top money for tickets season or just match day is fine but to justify that we should be competing and winning trophies on a more consistent basis, the bare minimum I would expect is top four otherwise anything else on those prices is underachievement.
Possibly - I think a fair ask is that you compete for the top 4 / titles…. We don’t do that. It’s a nice surprise if it happens

Levy leaving would be a great start. As you say there are lots of ways thing can improve & lots more options than just sell the mess now or we get a rich oil type owner.
It’s similar to the odd argument people keep saying about even if we get a richer better owner, there’s still richer owners who will pip us to the post. As though we may as well finish behind West Ham & in the conference if we don’t win the title.
Probably the Same people who said CL final was a waste of time as we didn’t win it.

We didn’t win anything under poch but obvious was much better days for us all. So going back to that level would be amazing for us compared to where we are now.

Look I can’t say I’m backing ENIC but to call it a mess is a bit strong. We are currently enjoying our most consistent run of top flight league finishes EVER. 11 seasons of European football a recent CL final. Playing in the best stadium in Europe currently 2pts off top 4. As said there’s a lot ENIC have got wrong but it could definitely bit a lot worse and it’s hardly a mess. A mess is Newcastle.

At the end of the day it is the Football decisions that really affect success and not the owners. Leicester are not amongst the richest clubs but have been successful. So ENIC are not involved in Football decisions but Levy has been. The decision to appoint Paratici was to distance Levy from Football decisions. No more Levy being difficult during transfer negotiations. Now how much he still interferes, I am not sure but it is a step in the right direction. Is Paratici the right man? Too early to tell. Then having the right Manager and is Nuno the right man? too early to tell. Most importantly is having the right players and we have bought far too many duds in the last few years and those responsible should all go. Steve Hitchen needs to go and Levy really must stick to non Football matters. This seasons purchases are looking promising.
I am far from happy with the present situation but if Paratici or Nuno are not right then they need to be given a bit longer but if things do not improve they must go.

Look I can’t say I’m backing ENIC but to call it a mess is a bit strong. We are currently enjoying our most consistent run of top flight league finishes EVER. 11 seasons of European football a recent CL final. Playing in the best stadium in Europe currently 2pts off top 4. As said there’s a lot ENIC have got wrong but it could definitely bit a lot worse and it’s hardly a mess. A mess is Newcastle.

There's so much spin here that you could open your open wool factory.

Seeing him with McManus in the picture really made me think. Considering Lewis background was basically gambling and trading it’s kind of surprising he hasn’t been more cavalier and risk taking as an owner.
Yeah he doesn’t seem like a cautious play it safe type of guy.

That’s How I feel about public transport too. Don’t mind trains being pretty pricey if they are a really good service.

We are in a mess. Terrible chairman getting things wrong on the pitch over & over. A manager most don’t really want. A set of players who are pretty average. An owner who’s know intent or motivation for us to win things. Still lots of holes in the squad. Our best player wants out. I could go on & on.
I’d hate to think how bad it gets for you to call it a mess.
We peaked under poch with enic/levy. Miles away from that now. We have peaked under levy/enic. Those were the golden years. We ain’t going back to that level unless they go or massively change.
I think we can do a lot better & have the potential to be a lot better with new owners.

I like your optimism, so you can help me old bank balance. Do you fancy a bet on whether we get top 4? Or do you not really believe we will get it, & just using the points away thing to make things sound better.
I already know you won’t bet on it as you don’t deep down believe it. Everyone who talks about top 4, reject the bet & suddenly are religious or anti gambling.
No offence but over the past few years we have had the enic/levy lot saying it’s all good & fine. Each year they are wrong & things get worse. It’s crazy how wrong they have been about it all. So no reason for me to start believing them now.
You can talk about top 4 but you’re just fooling yourself & burying you’re head in the sand.
I hope you are right & we get top 4 but it’s not realistic in my view.

There's so much spin here that you could open your open wool factory.
That’s a lot of spin. They always thrown in a false hope or a flattering lie. This time

Top 4 :bergwijnconfused:.

Before it was

we don’t need signings :nunofacepalm:

We don’t need to worry about the likes of Liverpool :nunoeyes:
It’s poch not the players :pochserious:

Why would our best players want to go :kanehand:

Now we got a winner in charge, we will win things
:mourfacepalm:

Only at our club! Panorama just come on BBC with a investigation in to the Pandora paper leaks. Just thought if joe Lewis popped up as one of the dodgy corrupt guys. They would still be in denial. They would be even louder & stronger in their support of him.
Like those obsessive fans of celebs who get arrested & jailed. Free joe Lewis would be the cries. He’s innocent. He’s been framed by Joan. Let’s up the ticket prices to cover his lawyers & pay for his bail. No point that money going towards better players as we still won’t do the treble.

I can't wait to hear how this is all Pochs fault

:nunoteeth:

Back
Top Bottom