Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

is nothing to do with them being an oil club it is more the fact their outright owner is someone who is happy bombing schools and hospitals in Yemen killing god knows how many children. Then their is the whole human rights issue where being a homosexual in that country gets you stonned to death. The fact is it was Saudi Money that have funded most of the extremist terrorist groups.

I don't like that we are sponsored by a Chinese insurance company I would loathe being owned by people who are happy bombing children. The dirty money in football needs to be rooted out of football look at Woolwich how can any fan be happy visit Rawanda on their shoulder because the president of that country has made his political opponent diappear disgusts me.
He seriously needs to watch the documentary on Jamal khasoggis murder.

I certainly am a bloke. A ruddy lad!

Look, I get it. These new owners are shits. Quite right.

It’s simply that football is such a moral quagmire, it’s ridiculous to clutch our pearls at this latest development. It is populated with the most greedy, unpleasant scumbags that owners like this are the logical conclusion.

We also pick and choose our outrage. I don’t expect to see ratty Neville or Twitter darling Linekar speak out about the Quatar World Cup. We’ll get to enjoy the amusing spectacle of our lions taking the knee (a gesture that doesn’t bother me in the slightest) at venues built, quite literally, by slaves that died in a country that murders gay people. But we all have our paymasters. And I’ll be watching and cheering too. Please don’t mistake my position for moral superiority. I’m as fair weather as the next man (or bloke).

I just think it’s naff. Football has been a corporate cluster fuck for about 30 years now.
Nothing wrong with picking & choosing your outrage. There aren't sufficient seconds in the day to be outraged by everything that's outrageous.

What about the blacks? What do we think of them?
The person making the thread has worded it like an idiot a little bit. Its like saying
"Would you like Jews to own the club" and saying no because you equate jews with israel or
"Would you like black to own the club" and saying no because they equate blacks with Gang Violence!!!

Should have been titled " Would you like Spurs to be owned by an oppressive regime?"

No, I’m perfectly happy with our 1 measly league cup in over 20 years of the bald fraud and saggy Bolloks Joe. Don’t give a toss where they are from, I just want to see my club successful which out of most fans on the planet, the long suffering Spurs fans deserve. If it means an oil baron takes over, then so be it. Under bald toss pot, we are going nowhere.

Another nail in the coffin that is modern football.

To be honest, I've fallen out of love with it. I still watch Spurs and want us to do well, but the whole game is just one big corrupt pit. It has the sole intention to just make as much money for the chosen few as possible. All whilst not giving a toss about the fans at all.

If Newcastle won the Premier league.... It won't really have anything to do with Newcastle football club - just like Man City and Chelsea's wins, it will just be another bought and paid for title.

And worst of all..... The quality or rather the excitement of matches has been on a decline for the last 10 years.

Matches are far too cagey and dull, because the cost of losing now is so high for a lot of clubs.

To be honest, I've fallen out of love with it. I still watch Spurs and want us to do well, but the whole game is just one big corrupt pit. It has the sole intention to just make as much money for the chosen few as possible. All whilst not giving a toss about the fans at all.

If Newcastle won the Premier league.... It won't really have anything to do with Newcastle football club - just like Man City and Chelsea's wins, it will just be another bought and paid for title.

And worst of all..... The quality or rather the excitement of matches has been on a decline for the last 10 years.

Matches are far too cagey and dull, because the cost of losing now is so high for a lot of clubs.
I think within 5 years we will see Spurs, Woolwich, Liverpool and maybe even ManU be nothing more than cup teams. (save your "we already are" jokes...). Sure all those teams can try and get the 4th spot, but the rest will be sewn up for top 3

People love to say this, but it will though. I really don’t think Newcastle fans would give a flying fuck If their owners bring league titles to the club and why should they ? I’m sure when Aguero belted in that last minute league winner, City fans weren’t questioning the clubs background were they ? It goes down in history regardless what you think. Newcastle are another club that will torpedo above Spurs and we are supposed to be ok with that ? Because it’s morally correct? Bullshit!!! Gets on my bloody nerves when Spurs fans make out we’re the moral messiahs of football. I don’t give a shit if it means we achieve absolutely fuck all. What good is that ? #levyout #enicout

Back
Top Bottom